The Westerly F150CE return

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Since I mentioned I got onboard the F150CE express and it was a bust .

Ok so the guitars look / fit and finish was great and not unexpected. The top wood was beautiful awesome silking the rosewood back was just as pretty slightly wider grain then tight.

Ok why I returned it and yes I’m picky !

Action was .085 low E well within specs but the saddle was low to low . Straight edge put the neck angle about a 1/16th of inch below the bridge. Now that’s not bad but properly set it should dead on if one is anal , I happen to be .

Since it wasn’t far off why the low saddle ? Well it was misshaped by its looks someone needed to check thier X axis y axis on their Cnc figures or it was a bad hand job on the belt sander .

The bridge was thicker on the low E and thinner on the high E and side and that thickness was likewise from tail block of the bridge to the sound hole sides being the lowest point .

Now add in the beginnings of bellying into the picture. So with that info we may think we solved the issue but nope , see fixing that would pull the bridge back level and raising it some but now we add in a correctly shaped bridge and it will add even more height , that’s good right ? nope ! Now the neck angle is off even more my best guess by 3/16ths of an inch .

So all that killed it . there’s one other issue and that was the issue of the high E falling of the edge of the fretboard to easily .

Good news is , though it did not have the expected punch of Guild USA jumbo it’s tone and overtones were were quite nice and once it opened up and I’m sure it would it would have been even better.

The seller did not offer a replacement model which is kind of weird but I might give it another try.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting. I wonder if there is a job opening for a production inspector? You'd be great until your boss realized nothing was leaving the factory after your first inspection :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if there is a job opening for a production inspector? You'd be great until your boss realized nothing was leaving the factory after your first inspection :)

Lmao , true that but we would have “ A “ happy customer 😁

Honestly we all look at the details of today’s products . We would not except a brand new car with doors that don’t line up along the jams or hoods or with blemished paint .

God forbid a company put a cell phone out that has misaligned screens or frame .

So many products today are made precisely and are cheap to boot . They might not last long but they look good when you buy them lol

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Well it was misshaped by its looks someone needed to check thier X axis y axis on their Cnc figures or it was a bad hand job on the belt sander.
THAT sounds painful. Really painful.
The seller did not offer a replacement model which is kind of weird but I might give it another try.
Possibly due to limited supply, or maybe they acquired a batch of 2nds and don't want to keep footing the return freight?
Or perhaps you're on the Internet's Known Serial Returner list?
Are you sure RayK isn't code for Return King?

Might not be a problem if they assign him #11's old spot.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Haha your a nut Al , luv ya , hugs lmao

They replied with “we don’t have the capability to do that “ which is offer a replacement guitar or offer a possible deal on a new one .

Hmm now I thing about it must be code for “ Oh God no way! “
They do have a few others that are open box and new ones at 1099 .

Maybe my reasons for the return were the same for the other person that returned it lol

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Maybe my reasons for the return were the same for the other person that returned it lol
It occurs to me that maybe they think you ARE that other person, now.
What you need to do is establish multiple purchasing entities so that they won't be able to circulate your name on a blacklist.
Somebody might catch on though, that no matter where in the country the order comes from they always want it delivered to RayK's house in the piney woods.

Neal

Reaction score
On every vintage Guild I have ever owned, the bass side of the bridge was fatter than the treble side.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It occurs to me that maybe they think you ARE that other person, now.
What you need to do is establish multiple purchasing entities so that they won't be able to circulate your name on a blacklist.
Somebody might catch on though, that no matter where in the country the order comes from they always want it delivered to RayK's house in the piney woods.

Hahaha stop Al your killing me lol

On every vintage Guild I have ever owned, the bass side of the bridge was fatter than the treble side.

Ha ! I don’t have any vintage guilds so there 😜

That’s something I’ve never seen and in this modern age something like that should in the discription .

“ Guild Westerly series “ paying homage to the Westerly era guitars with traditional construction. Specs as follows blah blah blah bridge / rosewood with traditional taper.