What do I have?

Reaction score
I found a DeArmond electric bass guitar at the thrift shop for $40 in working condition has pilot on the headstock I was hoping if anyone has any information they could give me about the serial number
s/n IC001211735.. what do I have did I get ripped off?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to LTG, TepherChurch. No idea on what you have, and can't imagine that $40 is a rip-off for anything that's in working condition, but folks in the know will be here soon.

Again, welcome.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Well, you did not get ripped off and you have a Dearmond Pilot bass. Dearmond was the entry-level brand that Guild had (in the 90's, through early 2000's I believe). They were typically good-value imports compared to other instruments in the lower price bracket. I don't know Dearmond serial numbers though so I can't tell you much more than that about it.
If you post a picture we may be able to help you a little further, but regardless, as long as it isn't damaged structurally, $40 is a steal.
A good idea to gauge value of a guitar is to do a search on reverb.com. Here is what "Dearmond Pilot bass" brings up: https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=dearmond pilot bass

Last edited: