Another Guild video from Norman’s Rare Guitars

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Another Guild video from Norman’s Rare Guitars

Not a Guitar of the Day video, but an Affordable Favorites video of a ‘76 D25.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is what I see.

3811bf4b-3f59-4f15-b124-df80414c4446.png

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Joe, if you're using the Explorer browser, the vids are no longer loading...they do work in Edge...and some other browsers.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice warm sound , highs sound kind of weak . But soothing none the less :)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Same year as mine, but kinda beat up. He's playing it like a banjo...

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I see it now...removing the lens cap was the secret. :victorious:

Joe

To veer, did anyone ever paint the inside of a lens cap with phosphorescent paint and the text "Lens Cap" or something similar? It might solve the problem for SLRs. Back in the day some folks with rangefinders would tape something on the cap that would show up when using the rangefinder, in hopes they would see it and remove the cap.

Oh yeah, the video was just fine for me in Firefox ;-)

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not a Guitar of the Day video, but an Affordable Favorites video of a ‘76 D25....

I always loved this Guitar of the Day vid of an old 1975 F-412. It's also pretty beat up, but obviously in good playing shape. Go out to 4:20....

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
To veer, did anyone ever paint the inside of a lens cap with phosphorescent paint and the text "Lens Cap" or something similar? It might solve the problem for SLRs. Back in the day some folks with rangefinders would tape something on the cap that would show up when using the rangefinder, in hopes they would see it and remove the cap.

My strategy with meter-less cameras was to use reversible lens hoods that covered the lens' focus ring when the cap was on. The cap attached to the reversed rear of the hood, and the cap's diameter was too big to fit snugly on the lens. Once I got hold of a camera with a built-in through-the-lens meter all was well. :)

-Dave-

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...if you're using the Explorer browser, the vids are no longer loading...
Actually I use Windows 10 but with the Internet Explorer browser and have no problem in either Explorer or Firefox to see videos. Maybe some Flash issues of a virus scanner or so.

I always loved this Guitar of the Day vid of an old 1975 F-412. It's also pretty beat up, but obviously in good playing shape. Go out to 4:20...
Absolutely! Mark Agnesi and Jen's videos are legend but the additional new videos by Mike Lemmo are also great, Mike's a great young guitar player and he promotes "affordable" guitars vs. the high end guitars Mark promotes.
Ralf

Last edited:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Ralf, also Windows 10 with IE11 both updated. The vids stopped loading a few weeks ago in Explorer but work fine in Edge. You could very well be right that it's Flash related. I also only have public shared access and the providers firewalls might block access if there's a security issue with Flash...I have noted on some sites that the IE11 browser is no longer being supported...could also be a factor...I did not look for the issue since I can just switch to Edge for vids...and I'm not a tech...thanks for the advice.