Laid Scott to rest today

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
We had a wonderful celebration of life service for Scott today at his church. Among other things, we had 16 musicians playing stringed instruments, and we sang about a dozen songs along with everyone. It was a fitting tribute to an awesome musician who inspired a lot of people with his music.

His wife set his beloved old lefty Guild D-40 up on the stage with us in kind of a "missing man" formation.

I was honored to be one of four who were asked to speak a few words on Scott's behalf.

Last night Scott's brother and I sat and did some soft music at his visitation for a couple hours. Old gospel songs, Grateful Dead, NRPS, The Band, John Prine, Dirt Band, etc.

Grassdog

Reaction score
Dread, thanks for taking the time to share these touching moments about your friend Scott. There's a certain special closeness or bond among friends who are musicians. You guys gave him a great tribute, never to be forgotten by his family and friends I'm sure. My group of musician buddies just lost a guitar player this week (he went quickly, heart attack, during a break between sets, 57 years old)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We had a wonderful celebration of life service for Scott today at his church. Among other things, we had 16 musicians playing stringed instruments, and we sang about a dozen songs along with everyone. It was a fitting tribute to an awesome musician who inspired a lot of people with his music.

His wife set his beloved old lefty Guild D-40 up on the stage with us in kind of a "missing man" formation.

I was honored to be one of four who were asked to speak a few words on Scott's behalf.

Last night Scott's brother and I sat and did some soft music at his visitation for a couple hours. Old gospel songs, Grateful Dead, NRPS, The Band, John Prine, Dirt Band, etc.

Sounds very fitting indeed Dread, following this story over past couple years. And his old Guild D40 up on stage with you all. He is playing now big time, 24/7. Hope you are well.

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Drear - I have no doubt Scott was with you playing note for note. I doubt you could have provided him any better tribute.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Scott's wife Linda and I had a discussion about whether there are left-handed harps in Heaven. After doing some research, I found there are no left-handed harps, just like there are no left-handed pianos. LOL