Sam Ash NYC Guilds

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm in Manhattan this week and walked into the Sam Ash on 34th St. This is right as you walk in:

SamAshNYCGuilds.jpg

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
At first I thought it was going to be Guilds from the NY factory. I couldn't figure out why Sam Ash would have them.
Then I saw the pic.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And, I see they're still not bothering to take off the protective (tone-sucking) paper from under all of the floating bridges. The sad thing is how many I see in used listings that still have them there.

(But, kudos for the display.)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
We have one down in Charlotte , they only carry two models of the Westerly collection 😐

matsickma

Reaction score
I don't know the retail business but suspect Guild has to provide an incentive to stores to commit floor space to displays.
M

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I don't know the retail business but suspect Guild has to provide an incentive to stores to commit floor space to displays.
M
I'd be kind of surprised if that was actually the case here.
More often we hear about dealers having a problem with stocking minimums so I'd suspect they'd be only to happy to promote a line that didn't saddle 'em with heavy minimums.
In any case, Sam Ash has been on board with 'em ever since Fender revamped the dealer base back when NH was new.
Sam was always franchised for the GAD's and it looks like the Newark Streets too (I wasn't paying a lot of attention).
I suspect this is just "business as usual" for them, and maybe that location in particular, being in NY and all.
But like you said, nice to see somebody representin' for the brand!

We have one down in Charlotte , they only carry two models of the Westerly collection ��
I seem to recall they were also authorized for the NH's (MIA product), but typically would only special order 'em.
Might be worth checking out.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Glad Sam Ash has Guilds. Visited Guitar Center in Falls Church, VA this afternoon and not one-NO-not even one Guild acoustic in the store much less a D40. Will try Action Music tomorrow as they had a D40 on website last week.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sam Ash was a big win for US Guild during New Hartford's stewardship. I guess that changed with the turnover to Cordoba.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall they were also authorized for the NH's (MIA product), but typically would only special order 'em.
Might be worth checking out.

Honestly I’d rather buy from Sweetwater. More reasons below .

Nor do any of them at this rate Marc. In reality, US made guitars are now a tiny fraction of what they sell, and that's sad.

My experience at Samash was and possibly like most music stores Favor Taylor . Samash here favor Taylor so much it’s like attacking like a high pressure cars salesmen. I was very bothered by it .

When I called they told me they remodeled the store and the only room they have is dedicated to Taylor . Wtf !? If true .

At any rate the main tech sales guy really made me sick selling only Taylor’s to the customers saying how great they are , best made guitar out there etc really poring it on to everyone that asked about advice on a first time guitar or other .

I really got ticked when I pulled a Taylor off the wall that was about 3 grand , nice looking guitar . The neck was bowed a lot ! And the fret board was like rough seas . After that and his blatant “ah it just needs a truss rod adjustment “ that pretty much did it for me lol .

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
don't forget that Sam Ash also had the exclusive red T-Bird that is apparently now available at Walmart.

tbirst_st_red_side.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guilds at Wal-Mart. That's a bit disorienting...

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guilds at Wal-Mart. That's a bit disorienting...

walrus

Well a quick check of their website shows Gibson, Epiphone, Peavey and Fender Squire as brands I have heard of, that have product there. A whole lot of brands I have not heard of either. Most product looked to be the under $200 starter pack although a couple of the Epiphones looked like a step up from beginner. I'll have to see if any instrument are on display on my next trip. Don't Judge. There are definitely some products that I either get at Wal-Mart, drive 50 miles one way to buy, wait a week to have shipped or do without.