some parts missing...

Andrew12

Reaction score
Guys, could you do me a favor? I've got some particular difficulties to solve my problem...

So, I ask the community for help. I started a topic called ''the rarest thing on the net'' and it was about guild aristocrat pickup covers. I lost mine and i've got no positive reaction from the dealership because they do not sell covers separately. I tried many options (see in the topic). But the only way I can restore my guitar and make it rock again is to ask somebody on this forum to 3-d scan the original pickups. I know I ask too much, time is money, but i will pay
for 3-d scanning. I'm sure there must be an owner of the same guitar as mine. If somebody really cares and wants to help me - please, let me know.

Here are some photos of my guitar and I'm really sad. This will make me happy.

Andrew12

Reaction score
You know, the first reason i write this way is because I feel so stressed since i lost these covers. I found some kind of guitar workshop in Moscow - and I needed to paint them black,
but unfortunately, they were melted down and never returned to me. I don't know why they decided to boil them... seems like they never done it before. And the second reason - is because I'm from Kharkiv - and I prefer simple English to share my thoughts.

Andrew12

Reaction score
I wonder if Hans has any in stock ?

The thing is that they are not available for purchasing any way. I don't know why factory doesn't want to produce them...

Maybe because there is a 0,00001% chance that somebody will ever buy them. **** happens, guys. :neglected:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The thing is that they are not available for purchasing any way. I don't know why factory doesn't want to produce them...

Maybe because there is a 0,00001% chance that somebody will ever buy them. **** happens, guys. :neglected:

Andrew it's more likely that all the production of the covers is intended to be specifically for the pickups. The covers may not even be available as a "part" from the people who make the pickups.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's how the factory buys them, as "one part", cover included.
The Korean built guitars are made by "contract manufacturing", it's a different set of operating rules from a maker-owned factory where parts might be stocked that can be used in different applications.
Even if the separate part was available in Kore, how do you arrange a sale of one part when it would require so much time just to get it from the floor, package it, and bill it, when there may not even be any of those processes available at the factory level.
It's all geared towards volume production and shipment to a customer who's already set up with account.
I know it doesn't help get the part but at least it might help you understand.

Andrew12

Reaction score
Yes, man, all what you've said is absoulutely true. If the covers were ever separately produced i think i would find them easily on aliexpress.com

But nevertheless, if somebody has guild m-75 (korean made) and a little spare time on your hands, please feel free to dm me, let's make a deal!

Last edited:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
There's a guy I think in Huntington Beach, CA, USA that did some plastic molds of the top mount Franz covers. I'm not sure if he also did some for the sub-surface, Aristocrat Franz covers, but it may be worth checking with him. He regularly posts auctions on ebay for the top mounts, and you may want to contact him when those pop up. His store name is redvenomrepros.

Good luck!

Andrew12

Reaction score
Hello jp, yeah - i know this guy, his covers were my last hope but they didn't match.

Almost what I needed, but - they were made for vintage guild m-75.

I'm pretty sure somebody must have korean-made on this forum. I understand it's not very cool to take off the covers go and 3-d scan them... But maybe somebody could measure them, i don't know.
By the way, before I ordered from redvenomrepros, we had had a little talk just to compare the measures, and it was so close (you can see the photo) that i was not hesitating at all.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Uggh! So close! Man, I'm sorry that it didn't fit, Andrew12. That's really frustrating. Have you tried a Gibson P-90 soapbar cover to see how close that might be?

Andrew12

Reaction score
Yeah, jp, I tried. That was my first attemption to solve the problem. Gibson covers turned out to be wider and thinner than the actual pickup. Also, there were two screw holes as you can see in the picture...

kakerlak

Reaction score
Hello jp, yeah - i know this guy, his covers were my last hope but they didn't match.

Almost what I needed, but - they were made for vintage guild m-75.

I'm pretty sure somebody must have korean-made on this forum. I understand it's not very cool to take off the covers go and 3-d scan them... But maybe somebody could measure them, i don't know.
By the way, before I ordered from redvenomrepros, we had had a little talk just to compare the measures, and it was so close (you can see the photo) that i was not hesitating at all.

Where is it binding up? If it's the bobbin, you could probably get away with shaving enough off for the cover to fit. If it's a baseplate, maybe you could cut away the side of the cover so it no longer needs to overlap it?

DThomasC

Reaction score
I've looked quite a bit at what it would take to put P-90s on a NS Aristocrat. I think it would be possible to shave P-90 bobbins and make them fit under Franz covers, but making P-90 covers look right on an Aristocrat would be a challenge.

I have wanted to 3D print Franz covers with T-Armond holes. (T-Armonds are TV Jones's version of Dynasonics.) I have not gotten around to making the 3D model, and I won't have time in the near future, but I can measure a cover pretty precisely if you think that will help get you where you need to go.

kakerlak

Reaction score
I've looked quite a bit at what it would take to put P-90s on a NS Aristocrat. I think it would be possible to shave P-90 bobbins and make them fit under Franz covers, but making P-90 covers look right on an Aristocrat would be a challenge.

I have wanted to 3D print Franz covers with T-Armond holes. (T-Armonds are TV Jones's version of Dynasonics.) I have not gotten around to making the 3D model, and I won't have time in the near future, but I can measure a cover pretty precisely if you think that will help get you where you need to go.

Why not just cut out the whole centers of the covers for metal T-Armonds to fit into, like Gibson did w/ mini-humbuckers on LP Deluxes? You could do that and then drill new mounting holes at the remaining ends of the Franz cover to screw it down. OTOH, that's destructive of what's apparently a difficult to obtain part.

Back to Andrew12's issue -- maybe just buying the cheapest set of modern Franz pickups you could find would be the way to go? I've seen them sell for $40-50 a piece before and, while that's a lot to pay for covers, it might start to look more reasonable, compared w/ getting some custom-molded/printed. You might even find a buyer for the pickups w/o covers once you've commandeered them for your guitar and get some of the money back.

DThomasC

Reaction score
OK Andrew. I made a 3D model of a Franz soapbar cover and generated an STL file of it. PM me with an email address and I'll send you the file.

b3a35fbaf499f81ab3f8f9923e1b26cc.jpg

You're welcome!

Andrew12

Reaction score
my happy day

Oh my god, I see there is a great lively debate here! Well, kakerlak, I like your idea about selling stock pickups that I have in order to buy another ones to ''fill the gap'', but the problem is that I live in Ukraine, and it's not so easy to sell them via eBay, and as for the second-hand market - our people are generally searching for SD or DiMarzio pickups, so I don't think that I will make any money with my advertisement. And, frankly saying, when my dad was choosing a guitar for me, his eye fell on Gibson 60's tribute Les Paul, but the sound of m-75 had more distinctive characteristics to my ears, that's why I have chosen it several years ago.

DThomasC, thank you very much bro! So, this 3-d model is for Korean m-75? As soon as it will be printed I'll post it. :pig:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
OK Andrew. I made a 3D model of a Franz soapbar cover and generated an STL file of it. PM me with an email address and I'll send you the file.

You're welcome!

Brillliant -- nice going DTC! Hope it works out for you, Andrew.

Andrew12

Reaction score
Howdy ho, guys! I've finally got them! Haven't installed the strings yet, just wanted to share some pictures with you!

DThomasC did a great job! They just fit really perfectly as if i bought them from the official store!
This 3-d model is very helpful and must remain as a cultural heritage of this forum! For the future - I want to modify my guild with the roller bridge and a brass nut - what do you think about it?