60s T50

MoJoe

Reaction score
Hello all,

My first post here, but have found some great info here over the months! I wanted to ask for any advice, I'm searching for a 60s T50, as I feel it would be a great first foray into vintage and archtops. I feel the 60s Guilds really nail the affordability and value aspect vs some of the inflated prices on the vintage Gibson archtops out there. No offense Gibson :).

I have tried an all stock 61' with a franz P90 but it had a slight neck joint issue and I'm a little wary to commit to it. I dug the feel and nut width though so here I am. Should I create a WTB in the Classifieds or any venues other than the norm ebay/reverb/craigs/vintage online stores to look?

And if anyone who checks this out has a 60s T50 please feel free to reach out!

Thanks,
Joe

Jerry1

Reaction score
Hi Joe,
I've got a '60 T-50 that's one of my "never sell" guitars. Just thought I'd chime in with a note of encouragement, and to wish you good luck.

I think a WTB ad in the classifieds would be a good move for you. If you list a budget range and broaden your search to include other models, you're sure to get more response. And if you get a line on a model you don't recognize, just ask for advice here on this site. There's lots of good knowledgeable people here who will help you out. Good luck to you.

MoJoe

Reaction score
Hi Joe,
I've got a '60 T-50 that's one of my "never sell" guitars. Just thought I'd chime in with a note of encouragement, and to wish you good luck.

I think a WTB ad in the classifieds would be a good move for you. If you list a budget range and broaden your search to include other models, you're sure to get more response. And if you get a line on a model you don't recognize, just ask for advice here on this site. There's lots of good knowledgeable people here who will help you out. Good luck to you.

Thanks much Jerry, I will soon join the T50 club, I'm sure of it, just being patient! I did throw up a WTB listing and am keeping a close eye on all the usual outlets.