10 Tube Amps Cranked after 3 Hours of Warm Up

Sal

Reaction score
No Guild content but this comparison of 10 cool amps was so nicely done I thought folks here would enjoy it.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed that; thanks for posting it. The Bassman seemed like an anomaly; the other amps were all small single speaker combos.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don’t see the need for hours of warm up. Nothing’s going to change after 5-10 minutes.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That first Princeton - the brown '63 - that may be my favorite in this sampling.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My old AC-15 currently needs ~20 minutes for the EF86 preamp tube to stop crackling…but it's a wonky tube (as EF86s often are). I'd change it out but getting at the tubes is a PITA—you basically have to dismantle the amp, and it's a heavy bugger—and I've been in a lazy mood since the start of winter. :)

-Dave-

F312

Reaction score
I'd have to do the test on my Mesa Boogie .22 before 20 minutes, because it loses volume and breaks up. Changed the tubes, changed the standby switch, had it in the shop three times and still does it, err.

Ralph

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd have to do the test on my Mesa Boogie .22 before 20 minutes, because it loses volume and breaks up. Changed the tubes, changed the standby switch, had it in the shop three times and still does it, err.

Ralph
Bummer, Ralph! Try calling Mesa Boogie. Their support is really good, and they may be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Last edited:

Sal

Reaction score
I like the brown Princeton too. Hearing the exact same guitar part through each amp in quick succession is really sweet.

F312

Reaction score
Bummer, Ralph! Try calling Mesa Boogie. They're support is really good, and they may be able to help you troubleshoot it.

Yeah, I called them yesterday since I'm wanting it fixed and they gave me some leads on how to troubleshoot this problem, they have always been helpful.

Ralph

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I called them yesterday since I'm wanting it fixed and they gave me some leads on how to troubleshoot this problem, they have always been helpful.

Ralph

Just for kicks and giggles if you like stop by www.twotrackmusic . That's my other hand out but we have to members that fix or build tube amps the GC and Frankenstein never know, if masa cant solve the issue maybe these outside the box guys can .

And man I really wanted a masa amp but had to go budget this go around and get a Bugera not complaining . Lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow the amps were get regardless of the tones I could hear uses for all of them lol but I have to admit that kit amp one and the first amp and I think it was the tone right or something I liked . Lol

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I think Harmony amps were made by Sound Projects/Lectrolab out of Chicago. I don't think Valco was involved with them in the amp works.