Ngd a d-46 for free!!

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
On the other hand it may be all gassed out by now.
Should try throwing another one in there for a couple of years to see what happens.
:glee:

Part of the problem is the lining is coming apart....
And for whatever reason, the case seems a lot tighter than the fit on the one with my D-15, or any of the other genuine cases.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got back and spent a little time on the bench with this one. After a more thorough cleaning, I'm left believing we have a situation discussed here: http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?188931-Finishes/page8 - in post #74 in particular. Definitely a textured effect mostly on the lower bout sides with another area in the middle of the back.

Strung it up with some EJ-14's. Very nice mellow tone. Not quite as mellow as an all 'hog D-15, but not as bright as my rosewood DCE-5. Nice, deep, sustaining effect. I like it. May have to keep it. :wink-new:

Mine is anything but mellow. Very bright - almost brash - but I agree that the sustain is fantastic.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Mine is anything but mellow. Very bright - almost brash - but I agree that the sustain is fantastic.

I should also add that this is VERY pick dependent for me.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I really like the back on this ash-body guitar. The craftsman at Guild did a fine job of book-matching on this one! :applause:

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Ahhh,

I'm a shy finger-picker. Delicate one might say. If this one was staying, I'd be sanding the be-jesus out of the saddle and dropping the action. But not knowing how Stu attacks - with or without a pick, it'll stay strong and tall to fight another day.

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
I really like the back on this ash-body guitar. The craftsman at Guild did a fine job of book-matching on this one! :applause:

She Who Must Be Obeyed keeps commenting on how beautiful the wood is, too. He he he. Now I just gotta talk Herself into authorizing one for me.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
CosmicArkie:
I am a strummer and lazy player. I do not want my fretting hand to have to work overtime. I might come up with a few intros or play a few country licks but they have to be easy on fingers. Bet the first thing I do is drop the action so go ahead and suit yourself-you will save me a little money. Ha

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Free is good.:courage:

The back of that headstock looks like ash too.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Free is good.:courage:

The back of that headstock looks like ash too.

A-yup. When I saw the comment about "no finish" on back of neck I looked again to see if it might be padauk which had known adhesion problems, and realized it was an ash neck, too..

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
A-yup. When I saw the comment about "no finish" on back of neck I looked again to see if it might be padauk which had known adhesion problems, and realized it was an ash neck, too..

The back of the neck's finish was scraped off, probably from sliding down a table edge or something.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al:
Hope our paths cross one day--I know I would enjoy the visit.
Thanks! I'm sure I would too!
Since I don't expect to do much traveling myself for a while, if you're ever comin to San Jose shoot me a pm.
And since I have 3 guitars (Guilds, anyway), even if one's in the shop I've still got a spare for a buddy in need!
:friendly_wink:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Al:
Cannot get a better offer than that. And should I ever wind up in San Jose-will do

CosmicArkie

Reaction score
Stu, you got nobody to blame but yourself. You said "feel free".

So I got into the spares drawer and pulled out a compensated bone saddle, sanded to fit, and OH MY!!!

My world view has changed. To paraphrase The Treasure of the Sierra Madre: "amplifiers, we don't need no stinkin' amplifiers!!"
This thing flat stands up and SHOUTS!!!

Soooo, travel plans are cancelled. I am spending the weekend making music, not war. With my new love.:love_heart::love_heart:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great and piay your favorites-if I am gonna lose on this at least you will be happy.
That is great news! Just blow you horn when you go by the Dickson exit and I will be perched on bridge at hwy 46 and I will sing "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain" as you pass.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Soooo, travel plans are cancelled. I am spending the weekend making music, not war. With my new love.:love_heart::love_heart:
ROTFLMAO.
Reminds me of one of the guys in Jersey Shore hijacking the girl his buddy was tying to pick up on when said "buddy" goes to the men's room....
steals-chain.jpg

Yeah my guilty little secret.
I love cheese.
:glee: