Offical NGD F55E

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Bummer , well someone must make what you want . :)
Like the song says, "If I can't have Guild...I don't want nobody baby"
It's just my current pipe dream.
Actually other well-meaning members directed me to Gibson J-185 but they're flat backed.
And I'm still thinking I really need some rosewood anyway.
Like an F47R.
As I've said before, by holding out for something they don't make I don't have to worry about spending money I don't have anyway.
You of all people should get that.
:biggrin-new:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...Actually other well-meaning members directed me to Gibson J-185 but they're flat backed...:biggrin-new:

Whaddya mean?

Flatbacked members???

So Quasimodo . . . aahhh -

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
No no:
Ol' Quasi was hunch backed.
Probably from too many hours spent trying to play a dreadnought guitar in classical position.....

Guild is adding a F40 short scale hunch back just for you Al 😆😜

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No no:
Ol' Quasi was hunch backed.
Probably from too many hours spent trying to play a dreadnought guitar in classical position.....

I know Quasimodo was hunchback - therefore ""aahhh - " because it is a pity if old Quasimodo does not count as a well-meaning member - he certainly was.

This all started when you were using "they" when you wrote "Actually other well-meaning members directed me to Gibson J-185 but they're flat backed." in post #24

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Nuuska;1803486 This all started when you were using "they" when you wrote "[COLOR=#333333 said:
Actually other well-meaning members directed me to Gibson J-185 but they're flat backed." in post #24[/COLOR]

I know but I had to keep the discourse active by directing attention to Quasimodo's back. I didn't understand "aahhh".
But following up on Ray's suggestion I think we oughta start lobbying Cordoba to rename their F40 the F48 Quasimodo so we can readily distinguish it from real F40's.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I know but I had to keep the discourse active by directing attention to Quasimodo's back. I didn't understand "aahhh".
But following up on Ray's suggestion I think we oughta start lobbying Cordoba to rename their F40 the F48 Quasimodo so we can readily distinguish it from real F40's.

Gosh I’m to tired to look is the Cordoba F40 the new hog jumbo ? If so ya let’s tick Cordoba off ! Lol

F40’s are grand Orchestra’s commonly known as the CV-1 and 2 😁

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Gosh I’m to tired to look is the Cordoba F40 the new hog jumbo ? If so ya let’s tick Cordoba off ! Lol

F40’s are grand Orchestra’s commonly known as the CV-1 and 2

Right but Cordoba's F40 is actually a hog-bodied F50, 17" lower bout, which was originally known as an F48.
I've been griping about it ever since it was announced.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Right but Cordoba's F40 is actually a hog-bodied F50, 17" lower bout, which was originally known as an F48.
I've been griping about it ever since it was announced.

I guess the New grand orchestra will be F 39 ? Or a GO 39 or some other number lol

bobouz

Reaction score
To maintain the Cordoba mantra of supreme confusion, how about:

> F-40 16" Oxnard '70s Westerly Custom Reissue?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

So that one will made in China ? Lol

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I guess the New grand orchestra will be F 39 ? Or a GO 39 or some other number lol
There is no slot for a grand orchestra size in the last model number matrix they created:
http://guildguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/guild-acoustic-naming-structure.pdf
It overtorques my top, greatly.
A GO55 maple would actually fit right in.
And carry on the tradition of the F20 becoming an M40.

Only if you'll support me on the F48 Quasimodo proposition.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

OH YEAH - VEER TIME :watermelon::watermelon::watermelon:

And if you get that to them - don´t forget who gave you the idea. A freebie would nicely fit here. :tongue-new:

Meanwhile we could start using quasi instead of archback on this forum. Saves three letters each time you use it... Negative side might be, that every time someone does not get it ( like me with most American English BLTS ) we would have to use hundreds of letters explaining :chargrined:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
OH YEAH - VEER TIME :watermelon::watermelon::watermelon:

And if you get that to them - don´t forget who gave you the idea. A freebie would nicely fit here. :tongue-new:

Meanwhile we could start using quasi instead of archback on this forum. Saves three letters each time you use it... Negative side might be, that every time someone does not get it ( like me with most American English BLTS ) we would have to use hundreds of letters explaining :chargrined:

I’d get Quasi mixed up with Quasar 😁

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If I may I’d like to say I am really enjoying my F55e

It has some really nice growl and the chords just um .... they just have power and clarity and then there’s that cute little sound hole brace 😁