Offical NGD F55E

Grassdog

Reaction score
Like the song says, "If I can't have Guild...I don't want nobody baby"
It's just my current pipe dream.
Actually other well-meaning members directed me to Gibson J-185 but they're flat backed.
And I'm still thinking I really need some rosewood anyway.
Like an F47R.
As I've said before, by holding out for something they don't make I don't have to worry about spending money I don't have anyway.
You of all people should get that.
:biggrin-new:

I think if Guild ever decides to shutter the iconic arch back press, it should go to you Al

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok I know I’m beating a dead horse but I’m sorry I can’t help myself .

I am just floored by this guitar that being the F55e. I wish now more anything I could compare it to the NH F50r .

I have a silly test when I check out guitars and the general public wonders what kind of weirdo I am lol .

Into the sound hole I make low and midrange grunts/tones best I can describe it , sometimes I hold the tone for a short bit . Weird as it might be it puts my ear/ head close to the sound board not only can I hear the overtones I can also feel the vibration of the top in response much more accurately then playing it along with back and side wood vibrations which many don’t think about. Think of it more as vocal tap tone .

Does it work ? Heck yeah never returned a guitar that passed the test less construction issues or guitars I never bought like cruising through GC or some like place .

So I’m impressed , I’m really impressed with this guitar ! The feel it gives through vibration gives a connection so sensitive it’s hard to discribe . Lol

Ok example , um .... ok so you strum a chord over the sound hole then you strum the same chord next the bridge , it sounds different right ? Well yeah duh !

It gives a type of thin or Asian type of sound or however you care to describe it but how much notice do you give the in between area ? On my other guitars I don’t pay much attention.

I play it this way or if needed go to close to the bridge nothing else gets my attention.

On this guitar it’s a whole different story you have a wonderful option and it’s clearly noticeable.

You can go from deep full sound over the sound hole to a more midrange to the higher bridge sound it’s bloody beautiful.

You can do a string your roll with your fingers in this case starting at the high E by the bridge rolling up as go towards to the middle or if you can spread your fingers enough or if can move them well more towards the sound hole just past the middle of the sound hole towards the fret board and your hear another amzing thing of bliss , Pow ! Mind blown !

The growl it can give , the bossy power and ring of a strummed chord clear and articulate.

I’m still figuring out the overtones , thier wonderful but lightly played they stay subdued dig in and they open up but they remain controlled no runaways this what makes think of the dry sound Clyde described. Now again maybe it will change as it opens up but I have a filling it will become richer but yet stay controlled not running over the other notes and their overtones . I guess it’s like it’s sharing saying hey ! I just had my moments to shine now it’s your turn ! being kind and considerate no glory hogging here ! Wow .

I love overtones I like them to roll over each other this guitar is giving me a new perspective on that and I find it pretty cool.

If they start on the orchestra models I’m in especially if they keep the same concept as to what makes this guitar tick .

Should you buy one ? nope not yet .
Should you try it ? Oh hell yes !

Conditions; if you try one you absolutely need alone time there is no way this should be a public thing for obvious reasons !

Now you can buy one and if you just can’t keep it personal well that’s on you .

Enjoy your public display!
😁