Closet Queen S25

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
I picked up my new S25 from the Post Office today. It arrived early. The box was a bit tattered...worried me a bit. BUT!, it is a true closet queen in unplayed condition. Collector quality.
It is candy apple red. Has the Guild top hat "shield" knobs, (two volumes and a tone). No scratches anywhere. No dings. The headstock looks showroom, no chips, no string scratches..no fading or discoloration of the Chesterfield inlay/Guild. The rollerbridge looks brand new. No Play wear. No wear on the neck or frets. Just unbelievable, especially for a 1983. It is pristine.
Plugged in it is very clear, no hum. Pots are like new. No noise when switching the 3 way. Pickups also look new....and are original Guild. The pickups are XR7's....but also look brand new.
The finish of this guitar is without typical nitro checking, no cracks etc. I am floored!
I have a showroom quality 1983 S25...and it plays like brand new.
Sorry to go on and on.....but WHAT? LOL.

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, this was a surprise. It looked really good in the EBAY photos, but it's even better than I imagined. I have a 83 S275 and this is basically the exact guitar....only new. The S275 is a player. I bought it because I had never seen one with the binding before. With the "walnut" color it looks great. I almost think it may be a clear mahogany that aged. The headstock is greenish instead of black, and the inlay almost looks like golden abalone....that vintage nitro look. This S25 is absolutely like factory. The only example I can find is that it is virtually new. Just did not expect it to be so new.
Anyway, a good Guild story. But they are all good.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
So cool - congrats! Where are the pics? :tongue-new:

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you Hans. Yes, it is a 1982.

cupric

Reaction score
Guild Total
I cannot post photos unfortunately. I do not have a photo hosting service.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations! But did it really happen? Photos!! :victorious:

walrus