Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Look what I just found: https://reverb.com/item/12421359-guild-pick-ups-2000

Could be worth it for the adapters. :laughing:

Thanks for the link but I Already talked to the seller and that ain't happening. I even explained to him that those were adapters and he has no clue. Plus he is way overprice on those pickups. Already have a set or two collecting dust, LOL! If I can't find some adapters I will just break down and make my own. You know what they say, If you want it done right then do it yourself.

TX

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
In addition to what GAD said, the horrible orange tip on the PU toggle gives most Newark Street models away. I think the tip is ugly but wonder if it was done deliberately on several models so there is an obvious visual indicator?
smoker's phlegm colored switch tips are an attempt at recreating the switch tips that came with switchcraft switches in the 50's. (you'll find the same tip on a 50's Les Paul, Jazzmaster, or indeed twin pickup Guild)

Another way, btw, to the the difference between a Newark street Starfire apart from a Westerly or Corona one is the body shape. The NS ones have the slightly curvier silhouette/cutway of the 60's made in Hoboken guitars.