Guitar Strap--What Information Does Maker Need

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Christopher... that is a beautiful leather guitar strap. Did you do the tooling yourself?

I like the Guild "shield" and the Chesterfield logo, along with the "old school" Guild lettering! And I almost overlooked the headstock shape at the adjustable end of the strap. :encouragement:

Bill, I designed and tooled it, myself. I am pleased you caught the headstock shape... I thought it would be a nice touch.

F312

Reaction score
Christopher... that is a beautiful leather guitar strap. Did you do the tooling yourself?

I like the Guild "shield" and the Chesterfield logo, along with the "old school" Guild lettering! And I almost overlooked the headstock shape at the adjustable end of the strap. :encouragement:

Wow, the headstock shape got passed me, very cool, anything else I didn't see Chris?

Ralph

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow, the headstock shape got passed me, very cool, anything else I didn't see Chris?

Ralph

It is all leather, no plastics, and contains no stitching. At 3" across, the strap is a bit wider than many straps available, today. I carved a border around the entire strap, attempting to simulate the visual edge distinction of purfling/binding. I reversed the Chesterfield and Shield logos on the tailback end of the strap, so they appear right-side-up to the viewer when being worn. Other than the small snap that secures the adjustable strap, there is no metal involved (These adjustable straps can also be made without snaps. It adds a little more bulk, but eliminates any metal). I think that covers it.

For Stu - here is the backside of the strap:

Guild_Strap_3.jpg

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Awesome looking strap Christopher. Time will answer what my former student comes up with. I am sure he will give it his "A" effort