NGD 66' Guild T50!

MoJoe

Reaction score
My search for a vintage T50 is over! I've found a gorgeous 66' Hoboken-made one from a nice older fellow on Craigs. It has some cool honest wear and plays like a dream, lots of mojo! Structurally really good and original except for the tuners as far as I see. I absolutely LOVE this slim neck profile and the MM pickup is really unique sounding!

Feel free to chime in on drive pedal advice for some dirt, I am running it into a Vox AC15 for now and the cleans have a nice jangle to them.

I currently have it strung with 11-49s without a wound G, is that ok? Intonation on the G is a tiny tiny bit off but not horrible at all. I wasn't sure if using a normal G was that bad for a wooden bridge? I'm a fan of the brighter G than the flats.

Here's some pics:
mDetBEg.jpg

vXHlZ1M.jpg

xPnF0fC.jpg

Last edited:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice, congrats!
I would a set it’s a wound G, however. D’Addario EXL115W. Give it a try, see if you like it.

MoJoe

Reaction score
Nice, congrats!
I would a set it’s a wound G, however. D’Addario EXL115W. Give it a try, see if you like it.

Thanks! I actually strung it up with the reg EXL115's will look into the W sets! So, what are the negatives on not using a wound G on these bridges, is it just intonation issues? This is my first archtop with a floating wooden bridge like this.

Last edited:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Nice Score! I like the way these guitars sound. They have good articulation between the strings, like a fender single coil... but with an air-i-ness to the overall tone. :eek:nthego:

MoJoe

Reaction score
Nice Score! I like the way these guitars sound. They have good articulation between the strings, like a fender single coil... but with an air-i-ness to the overall tone. :eek:nthego:

Yes it definitely has its own unique sound, great price point too for a vintage instrument vs the Gibsons.