Tacoma built fans...

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I will say that Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse Wisconsin (where I went to college) is a really good, class act store and are really in tune with their customers.

jedzep

Reaction score
Me too, Rich. Old Gibsons and Martins in house, but I'm missing a certain sumthin'

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmmm. I didn’t know Guild built fans in the Tacoma facility.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Me too, Rich. Old Gibsons and Martins in house, but I'm missing a certain sumthin'

I misinterpreted your "...I don't think I like it" on the first pass.
Now I get it.
I have no clue about pricing but the Tacomas get a lot of love and they all featured new-for-Guild adirondack bracing.
Could give 'em lighter bracing for the same strength that way, supposed to enhance top resonance.
In case that helps.
:biggrin-new:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Sweating out the G.A.S. I thought the Oxnard line was adequately solid with potential for good broken in tone after some playing time. I have the feeling this Tacoma line is the same. I'm also playing out this possibility, with numerous questions...

https://reverb.com/item/12798056-guild-f-30-aragon-1963-aged-natural-gloss

To tell ya the truth I'd be kinda nervous about a piece that old, without being able to check it out in person.
If it hasn't already had a neck reset for example, how much longer can it be till it needs one?
That does make the Tacoma look like a great deal.
Gotta admit all the Hoboken love gets my curiosity up try one, though.
What ever you decide, rest assured we'll encourage the purchase.
:glee:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sweating out the G.A.S. I thought the Oxnard line was adequately solid with potential for good broken in tone after some playing time. I have the feeling this Tacoma line is the same. I'm also playing out this possibility, with numerous questions...

https://reverb.com/item/12798056-guild-f-30-aragon-1963-aged-natural-gloss
I checked that one out too, being a short scale skinny necked version. The “Andy” scratched in the soundboard was an immediate turn off for me.

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
Get your used Guilds now.
With the prices of new Guilds as high as they are, the used ones will be going up in price.
Glad that I got my D-55 when I did.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Holy Crap!! So now Tacoma built Guilds are in the "neck reset" category?? YIKES Maybe 10 or a few more years? Of course they're all different and ANY guitar can have bad geometry. Ray K can be a bit fussy but it's HIS money so I would judge this on it's own merits. If you have questions, ASK THEM. And ask for photos as well. It's a pretty thing......

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

For both Jed and Richard since he’s asking as well

I can only speak for the CV-1 and CO-2 I have .

The CV-1 guitar was a project guitar but both needed a little adjustment on the necks but that’s expected but not a given .

Anyway the CV-1 is Sitka Rosewood and the CO -2 is Adirondack Mahogany.

I can say they sound great but the CO-2 which is the F30 body is killer !

I have a demo of the cv-1 not sure if I did one on the co lol I forget have go to my SoundCloud page hmm wait now I remember yeah I did ! Lol

Ok so I bought a f40 sent it back sounded terrible but that’s just luck of the drawl .

I find the build quality to be just as good as we’d expect from any other guild .

You could find a NH F30 for the same price I would figure but I’d ask for some wiggle room if you like it or just get it if it calls to you .

You can ask for pics , get a side profile to see the neck angle even ask them to put a straight edge on it for you . Worse thing that could happen is you send it back , my personal favorite hobby lol

Bottom line, I like my Tacoma’ s that CO-2 is a spotless guitar , fit and finish is excellent.

Edit again ;) here’s my audio demo of the CO-2 and sorry about the babbling in the beginning lol

Go to the 7:00 min mark for the guitar lots of overtones a simple demo

Use Good full sound ear buds or headphones cheap ones will lack depth .

https://soundcloud.com/agradeleous234/giuld-co-2

Last edited: