Guild Guitar stand

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

I have storage rooms + rehearsal room in an old factory. They have started to renovate and chased us out from rehearsal spaces - we moved to another wing in same factory. This happened about a month ago. So I went to see how renovation is getting along. To my surprise some guys from neighbour space had left quite a lot stuff laying around - I called them up and they said - if you find anything, it´s yours...

So I started to collect - ended up with 2 12-inch working JBL speakers + RCF tweeter - PAR-lights - MIDI-footswitch - tools - three mic-stands in perfect condition, drum throne and a guitar stand.

Today I had the guitar stand out in daylight - and what do I see - it is a GUILD guitar stand.

img_3090.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'll be darned.
I'm guessing from color and style it's gotta be from the '80's, for stage use for electrics.
Only thing that concerns me is I'd bet those pads are likely to react with NCL if in contact with a finish for too long.
They look like either rubber or PVC, both of which will react.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome, Nuuska! Nice color. And, I'm sure yours, like Grot's yellow one, was meant to match the guitar that sits in it!

I miss the '80s!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome, Nuuska! Nice color. And, I'm sure yours, like Grot's yellow one, was meant to match the guitar that sits in it!

I miss the '80s!

Hello

You must mean my red Songbird - yes, that would be a match.

As of those pads eating finish - one could slip a sock over the lower parts and replace the top pads with T-shaped pieces cut of leather - stick the T-stem into hole.

As of Grot - there´s hardly anything Guild I can imagine that you do not have . . .

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay

So I took my Songbird to garden with this new/old stand - the colour is in the ballpark - but not there - close enough anyway for someone to think they came together.

Suppose Grot is not going to open that factory sealed bag to provide us with some pics of yellow treasures.

img_3094.jpg

img_3095.jpg

Bummer - the second picture was aimed too low - the iPhone camera often takes pictures slightly different from what is visible when aiming - I should learn. But evening light is nice - both pictures were taken after 21.00

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
But evening light is nice - both pictures were taken after 21.00
LOL!
That first pic looks like it should be cued up with the 3-second sound clip of the choir singing "AAAAHHHHHHH" at the point where the guitar is revealed as a gift from God to our hero.
The second pic really does look much redder compared to the very first one, that one has a distinctly "Salmon" color on my screen, much more "orange-pink".