Found a good example of my Breedlove Concerto E (non Guild just good guitar)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And it's a German guy and I only understand about 15% of what he says but I've heard it all before. But so y'all know what kind of amazing guitar I'm dealing with!! I wish I could play half or even a quarter as well as he does!!

So Ralf and Hans and our friends in Amsterdam will maybe process his verbiage but his playing transcends language!!

This is my new guitar!! So beautiful!!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice ! I wasn't happy with how he holds his pick. I kept thinking he would drop it ! The pickup system sounded pretty cool too.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
John, you're making me laugh!!!! You don't like how he holds his pick.....

I've never heard that one. I have to hold mine a certain way but I THINK if he can play that well, he can hold the pick any damn way he wants....... don't you think?? I'm still laughing, my friend. Thanks for that!!

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Some damn nice playing - guy has a very interesting style, unique - beautiful stuff!
And yeah, the pick looks like it's being held a bit differently, almost like the front tip is
rotated forward toward the fretboard.
The Breedlove sounds great!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bonneville I wish I could put this guitar in your hands. And everyone's. I know it's not everyone's taste but.... just wanna get it out there, you know? Share the joy?? :encouragement:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom, are those fretboard markers on the treble side correct, or is this supposed to be a lefty? I've never seen that before.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom, are those fretboard markers on the treble side correct, or is this supposed to be a lefty? I've never seen that before.
Now this is funny. I know both Breedloves have markers on one side of the fretboard. However, in preparation for having new energy efficient sliders installed, we put all the guitars away in their cases in the closet. Unfortunately, I was off by a week!! They're coming THIS COMING Friday, not last Friday. DOH!! And since they're both put away, I can't see them and I can't remember. I'll take a look later and let you know!!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And since they're both put away, I can't see them and I can't remember. I'll take a look later and let you know!!
Tom: I help you out here, checking one of your own pictures:

hob66j.jpg

The little dot fretboard markers are on the bass side for the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th fret and on the treble side for the 12th, 15th, 17th and 19th fret. It's indeed a unique way with those little off-set dots.

Ralf

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Ralf, you little monkey!!! You caught me out!! I was out with a beer in my hand thinking I had to pull the guitar out to see and then someone asked about a photo of us and ..... guess what? There's the damn photos of the Breedlove!! I slapped my head and thought, "I should be taken off the street!! Or at least have my next drink taken away from me!! HEY!! Make my next one a double!!!"

Good LORD!! Sometimes I worry of myself........

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Blame the beer.

I liked his playing and the guitar sounds pretty sweet. But...it was like watching someone hold that pick with flesh covered chop sticks ! All at the tips. He has to be good at getting them back out of the sound hole well.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, John..... I've watched the first part of the video where he plays and that's pretty much how I hold my pick. Not saying I'm good (anything BUT) but I didn't know that was wrong. I'll pay more attention tomorrow when I'm better. Oh and tomorrow are bilateral knee steroid injections..... if you have knee problems you'll know how great this is. Staves off knee replacement, PAIN MEDS so they can shove a huge needle way into both knees, and then I get to go drink and have lunch and by the time lunch is over? I could dance a jig!! Or at least shuffle with style!! Nighty, boys and girls. Tomorrow is a day I always look forward to!!

Now about that pick thing..... jeeze......

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom, Ralf,

Interesting about the fretboard markers. I actually think having them on the treble side for the high frets is a really good idea.