Nh d 40 bg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
really glad to see Richard reverted back to his former sig showing all his Guild acoustics. it is a great list.

Neal

Reaction score
FWIW, I once owned a "B" stock New Hartford Guild. It was purchased during the Great Sell-off of May 2014. I could find nothing wrong with it.

It had a serial number, and a small "B" stamped on the label next to the G-Shield logo.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
FWIW, I once owned a "B" stock New Hartford Guild. It was purchased during the Great Sell-off of May 2014. I could find nothing wrong with it.

It had a serial number, and a small "B" stamped on the label next to the G-Shield logo.

My recollection is that New Hartford "B stock" were factory firsts, i.e. no flaws or blemishes, that were sold with a limited factory warranty. The B stock designation had nothing to do with the instrument, only Guild's warranty obligations after the initial sale. I'm pretty sure we established that "B stock" and "second" were two completely different things when dealing with New Hartford. That is not the case in other industries and perhaps even not the case at other times in Guild's history.

Br1ck

Reaction score
I had a chance to buy a NH D 55 for $1200. Yes. $1200. But it had the worst botched sunburst top. The sunburst was beautiful, but it had the ugliest cracks in the clearcoat, and what looked like a mark where someone taped a still damp surface. Couldn't live with it, and saw a very expensive refin of the top. It sounded really good though. Tail end of the closure liquidation.

bobouz

Reaction score
Love seeing a inventory list like yours, Richard (while realizing other brands are not shown). I always think it's interesting to see what someone owns, as it sometimes provides a jumping off point for other discussions. It's also fun to see how things play out for others afflicted with the same disease!

I tried to keep things short & get all of mine into the signature, but likewise ran out of room.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Love seeing a inventory list like yours, Richard (while realizing other brands are not shown). I always think it's interesting to see what someone owns, as it sometimes provides a jumping off point for other discussions. It's also fun to see how things play out for others afflicted with the same disease!

I tried to keep things short & get all of mine into the signature, but likewise ran out of room.

bob, you got a G37. one of the guild dreads i would like to have one day :).

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If I put all my guitars in my signature, the first response would appear on page 2!

still Wiley, a lot of us would dig seeing that list. I know you play your DVs for live gigs, as I have seen from youtube vids. But what other Guild acoustics you have amassed? :)