Songbird replacement jack?

TJNY

Reaction score
Hey, long time no post but I still play my Guilds regularly. Lately, my jack for the Bird seems to be having connection issues. It appears that cables don't stay snug and as a result I get the lost signal sounds which everyone loves mid song. Any ideas on replacment for them? Are they stereo jacks as well? Why would that be the setup rather than a standard input jack? My guitar tech wants to know. I just plug and play and leave the tech stuff for the repair guys! Lookign forward to the feedback. Hope all is well!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

It is stereo jack, because the ring is connected to battery negative, thus disconnecting battery to prevent power drain while not in use.

Your tech should know that !!!

The reason they are so flimsy and go bad is because they must fit in 1/2 inch hole - therefore having limited space inside for connection blades. Also time takes its toll. The oxidise and are next to impossible to clean - surely it can be done, but since it is standard connector and easily available you are better with new.

Available in music stores or stewmac or electronic component stores

TJNY

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Nuuska.
Yes, he should know it! Hopefully just a brain fart! Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Dadzmad

Reaction score
Thanks Nuuska - I remember when you posted photos of your white songbird - what a beauty.