sumptin ain't right mamma. D-40 CE hahahahahaha

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
At first I thought Sandy was joking because of the reason later explained, so it is somewhat amusing to me that it turned out to be the case and maybe he was actually serious.
Apparently they're still rearing their ugly headstocks after all this time.
I don't recall that specific guitar, but note that the list Frono linked to has an exceptionally high percentage of sellers ID'd in TX, probably for the reason explained about the source of a fair amount of counterfeits being likely products of an actual band that toured the region, apparently preying on unsophisticated pawn shop employees.

I was dead serious Al. Seems like most of the bogus Guild acoustics we've seen were in TX.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Thanks. I suppose this means the guitar under discussion might be a rarity, one of at most 165?

The table of fakes is still somewhat useful but given that board software changes plus image hosting issues, it is not as useful as it one was. Nevertheless when I see a non-handwritten label on a Westerly guitar, alarm bells go off :)

beecee

Reaction score
I took most of my self control to not laugh at the poor guy.

I just thought you all would find it interesting. It sure was a surprise to me.

What I found interesting as well was the fact that I probably could have done the same thing and sell it to TGC. They really had no clue.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Steel strings stuffed through a classical bridge should be a dead giveaway...