Help Selecting A Small Body Guild

swiveltung

Reaction score
There are occasionally some great deals on smaller bodied Guilds. My F20 wasnt that much money last year. Under $700 as I remember, no issues , original case, not all beat up etc. '71 IIRC, I was looking for the long scale. Quite nice actually. IIRC there were two at the time that went low and a few on Ebay at once. Hasnt been that way lately.

Last edited:

Br1ck

Reaction score
I would not buy a new MIC guitar for $600 if I could get my F 30 fixed for $800-900.

I had my D 35 reset, refreted, new bridge from Hans installed, new nut and saddle, and the stripped neck resprayed, for $1100 in the most expensive urban area around. I also like the all or nothing approach.

Graytness

Reaction score
Thank you so much to everyone for your opinions and advice. I took the guitar to another luthier in my area who was very highly rated. His prices are much more in line with what many of you have said. The estimate included a neck reset, regluing the bridge, and a new bone saddle for around $900. He said the frets are low and can certainly be replaced but that I didn't have to do it right now.

As Br1ck said above, I'm not going to spend $600 on a MIC when I can spend a little more to repair the F-30. On one hand, I was looking forward to getting a new guitar. On the other, I'm looking forward to getting making an old guitar feel new again.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
As Br1ck said above, I'm not going to spend $600 on a MIC when I can spend a little more to repair the F-30. On one hand, I was looking forward to getting a new guitar. On the other, I'm looking forward to getting making an old guitar feel new again.
I've had my D25 fully re-fretted twice.
Maybe I'm spoiled because I owned it since new, but I LOVE the feel of new frets (I do a lot of scales and hammer-ons, and chords are just "crisper")
If the budget allows I'd recommend it as being one of the elements that's really going to make it feel like a new guitar.