Help identifying my acoustic 12 string

Reaction score

Hello: Love the forum first post. I purchase a guild acoustic 12 string used in 2002. So it may be from an earlier year. I can't for the life of me find anything on the web for this guitar. It has one distinction in that it does not have any dot markers on the fretboard. I'm attaching a photo and if anyone has any idea what the model and or year might be it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi, welcome to the forum. For various reasons, photos are not hosted directly on LTG. You need to use a photo host like imgr and link to the photo.

Reaction score
Help Identifying my Guild 12 string acoustic (photo Updated)

Hello: Love the forum first post. I purchase a guild acoustic 12 string used in 2002. So it may be from an earlier year. I can't for the life of me find anything on the web for this guitar. It has one distinction in that it does not have any dot markers on the fretboard. I'm attaching a photo and if anyone has any idea what the model and or year might be it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
HtGohgk

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total

Welcome to LTG sanchezj! The only Guild 12 string that I know of that has no fret markers is the F212XL like my old one. Does it look anything like this?

14882498213_ff0e700c5f_b.jpg

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Many of the early (late 60s-70s) Guild 12 strings (F-112, 212, 212XL, G-212, 312) lacked fret marker inlays... I think the only 12ers that DID have inlays during that period were the F-412, F-512, and F-612.

Reaction score
Well done Twocorgis:
Home run on the first swing. Thank you so much. I reposted the request with a picture uploaded to imigur but this is it. Much Appreciated.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
HtGohgk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Welcome sanchezj,

That's an F-212XL from the late '90s / maybe early 2000s that may have been ordered without the position markers.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome sanchezj,

That's an F-212XL from the late '90s / maybe early 2000s that may have been ordered without the position markers.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

And now you have the advantage of owning a late Westerly made F212XL. Those were the best of the model that came out of that factory!

Reaction score
Thank you all for the timely and informative feedback. Glad to be part of the group.
Cheers

Sanchezj