Reaction score
Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Looks like you have done your research and getting a Guild that will be a lifetime player. Congratulations and keep us informed.

Reaction score
I’ve seen that one before. It was even discussed here recently. Love the rosewood!
I’m glad you are rescuing it! When you’re done, you’ll have a great guitar and a unique story!
Congrats!

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Looks like wood screws, yikes.

Ralph

We'll see, I should have it friday. To me it looks more like some type of either crappily done inlay of floral type, or sticker. If they were screws, what would be the heads don't have a round shape, they almost look to have a flower petal effect.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
That's going to be nice! Sounds like a good deal on the neck reset, but especially on the top refinish! :tan:

Sitka spruce has a pretty closed pore structure, so light sanding should get the bulk of the finish off. It'll end up a burst of some type, probably tobacco.

Br1ck

Reaction score
I'll do it for $200. It's not the actual work but the knowledge you are paying for.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
We'll see, I should have it friday. To me it looks more like some type of either crappily done inlay of floral type, or sticker. If they were screws, what would be the heads don't have a round shape, they almost look to have a flower petal effect.

Maybe it had hot dots at some point, tho the locations are a bit odd.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The only thing I see on it that is not reversible is the fact that somewhere down the line the sound hole has been widened considerably from stock which means someone actually cut the wood away all the way up to the inner rosette. When you have your Luthier look at doing the work on it make sure that they didn't cut away any internal structural bracing when they did this. If they did it may need more work than just a neck reset to make things stable for years to come. Other than that I applaud you for trying to bring this one back from the state it is in.

One other thing on the "Screws" in the bridge. They colud be ornamental Bolts with nuts on the inside. These are similar to decorative bolts I have seen on some furniture repairs from back in the day. If that is the case you will probably need to find a new bridge to do away with the existing holes and hope the bolts themselves haven't damaged the inner bridge plate or that may need replacing as well.

Best of luck and let us know how it all turns out!

TX

Charlie Bernstein

Reaction score
Even after adding it all up, you'll still end up with a guitar that looks and plays better than axes that go for more than twice as much.

Good move. Show us pictures when it's done!

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Love the back and sides on this! Looking forward to "finished" pics and full report on required repairs.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Just came, the guy perfectly packaged it, which is good because I can use the box to ship my Larrivee D-03-12. So it's had neck work, I'm guessing that's why the sound hole was enlarged; whoever loosened up the fingerboard extension I'm guessing did a crappy job and the soundboard wood near the soundhole came loose. The finish on top started to come off with a few strokes of mediym grade emery paper, good news! And the flowers on the bridge ARE screws. So a new bridge and possible bridge plate is in order.