'Wear your heart on your sleeve"

F312

Reaction score
I understand, and I do understand your sentiment, but I do need something that doesn't shed.

Ralph

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I understand, and I do understand your sentiment, but I do need something that doesn't shed.

Ralph
Have you considered one of the long sleeved plain white shirts that professional bass fisherman use? I use an inexpensive one---"Performance Fishing Gear. Maybe a long sleeved 100% cotton T Shirt.

MLBob

Reaction score
Add some stick-on fret markers and you're all set :topsy_turvy:

Bob

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Ralph

THAT's easy enough:

(oh dang, I see Nuuska beat me to it, except he suggested a dog....)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a heavy cotton sleeve I cut off a shirt I no longer wear. I attach it to my shoulder with a bag clip i stole off the Lay's. So this idea seems good to me. Very familiar with the solid black ones as some corporate restaurants STILL won't allow their staff to show their tattoos so they buy the sleeves to cover them. The bag clip on my shoulder wasn't exactly the glamour look I was going for..... but it did work!!

merlin6666

Reaction score
My GF knitted me a NC finish protector, which is lovely but too short. But a friend gave me one of those tattoo style sleeves ... it's just like a nylon stocking and it looks a bit silly on me. But it's actually quite comfortable and breathable, definitely long enough and does a great job. It also can be rolled up and down easily, and when rolled it is a tiny accessory. So I would definitely recommend it and I will get a replacement when it has fallen apart.

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Arm sweat is bad for NCL guitar finishes, so some members are actively seeking hairless pets.
My sweaty arm in summer or during hot or warm weather has damaged the NCL on a couple of guitars so I am very careful about using only long sleeved shirts or, as mentioned before, a clip on sleeve. This is actually very good information for me. I worry that the synthetics will make me sweat MORE and if it doesn't shield my guitar from my sweat..... then it's pointless. So please, report back. Otherwise I'll continue with my cotton sleeve held on with a bag clip..... :teapot:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So please, report back. Otherwise I'll continue with my cotton sleeve held on with a bag clip..... :teapot:
I give you the guitar condom:
Tim_condomWEB.jpg

Is there any information about panting pet´s saliva + NCL ?
As long as the pet saliva isn't a known NCL antagonist (I believe monitor lizards, being in the komodo dragon family, would fall into that classification), see the above.

merlin6666

Reaction score
I worry that the synthetics will make me sweat MORE and if it doesn't shield my guitar from my sweat..... then it's pointless. So please, report back. Otherwise I'll continue with my cotton sleeve held on with a bag clip.....
I found that the fake tattoo sleeve is quite breathable and if anything has reduced sweating. Mine was a gift, and with the low prices on amazon it seems to a be very low risk investment - these are 6-packs or more, so also cheap fun stuff to give away to your guitar buddies.

F312

Reaction score
I give you the guitar condom:
Tim_condomWEB.jpg

As long as the pet saliva isn't a known NCL antagonist (I believe monitor lizards, being in the komodo dragon family, would fall into that classification), see the above.

This would be lent itself a solution.

Ralph