Phoebe and her Guild

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Likely this has been discussed here before my time but here goes. I was watching an old rerun of "Friends" and Phoebe was playing her guitar and singing. I'm pretty sure she was playing a Guild. Couldn't tell what it was but maybe a D 25 or D 35. Or, maybe I didn't see it right. I mean what the hey, I'm old and can't see as well as I used to. Good night.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Likely this has been discussed here before my time but here goes.
A-yup.
:biggrin-new:

I was watching an old rerun of "Friends" and Phoebe was playing her guitar and singing. I'm pretty sure she was playing a Guild. Couldn't tell what it was but maybe a D 25 or D 35. Or, maybe I didn't see it right. I mean what the hey, I'm old and can't see as well as I used to. Good night.

Phoebe's was a D4, no headstock faceplate with a natural top, but same era D25NT's got black faceplate with pearloid logo, and D35's were always dark body colored headstocks :
hqdefault.jpg

Chrissie plays an F30 for "Smelly Cat" and "Angel of the Morning":
6chrissie-hynde2.jpg

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of my favorite jokes from Friends is when Phoebe meets a new rival guitarist:

Phoebe: "Oy yeah? Well how many chords do YOU know?"

Rival: "Um... all of them?"

Makes me laugh every time.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing like a good, smelly cat to make your day!

Friends had it's moments, that's for sure. Lisa Kudrow and Chrissy Hinde playing Guilds was surely one of them. I wasn't a big Guild fan at the time, so I didn't even notice. But even now, if I'm being honest (and I always am) I barely notice them. :) :)

:)