Surprised There Was No Chatter About This One

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray, I own almost nothing that I did during your last visit. Seriously. I am that fickle.

It’s a quality thing brother not a quantity thing lol 🙂

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I tell this to my wife, Tom, but she just don't get it.
As you probably well know, I have a husband who is a guitar guy and all I have to do is say, "Hey LOOK AT THIS!!! I WANT IT!!"

And I get back, "You should buy it!"

I have to be the strong one but a man can only take so much and then...... I'm up to six.

I'm fairly responsible, but ...... c'mon. I have a guitar whim and get ENCOURAGEMENT?? Not fair!!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HAAAAAA HAAAAA!! Sometimes. Then it's ....... oh, whatever. Nothing is perfect. But I'd rather hear "BUY IT" than, "Do you know how much money you've spent and my kitchen......."

Although our kitchen needs work. Maybe sell a couple of guitars and .... I dunno......

The patio roof ABSOLUTELY needs done and it's happening soon!! Causing electrical problems (I have NO IDEA who did that cover on the patio but....) We're in the MONSOON season now..... those storms run through and they dump some rain. I hope I don't have to sell a guitar to fix it!! LOL!!

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sounds like a winner, Neal—congratulations!

Reaction score
Feels like it, but, no. I checked it against the '71 D-25. Precisely the same width.

The neck profile is a little thicker, though. It makes it nicely playable.

That’s great!

I remember when you were parting with the F-50r and you said you loved the guitar, but you were struggling with, or just didn’t care for, the long scale and narrow nut width.

A chunkier neck profile can make the skinnier neck feel better! So will you use lighter strings, or lighter tension strings, to make it feel more like a shorter scale? ( at least tension-wise). I put 11s on my Maple F50 and JF30 because the Significant Other likes those two guitars best and she finds the 12s too stiff. I like them, but for my needs I prefer the 12s.

Glad you found a keeper!!

Last edited: