Ugh ... another D55 near miss

TBK711

Reaction score
I thought about that, but figured I could return it. That is the good thing about GC, I suppose.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I kept looking for any description other than "Fair" and it comes with a case. And there's a reason for that price. D55's are at a premium right now because they've just now come back into production from Oxnard. So don't feel too bad.... you might get another crack at it once whomever returns it because it's "fair". As has been said before, "even "good" condition at GC can be real iffy." and that's no lie. There's only one dread in the house since I sent the D65 off to Tom for repair..... does that negate my "no more dreads" rule??

Oh no..... another dilemma..... LMAO!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey!! I think I'm starting to get my sense of humor back!! It's not any better than it was before, but.... at least it's there, you know? Baby steps..... LMAO!! :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah the price is what hit me first . They list Cv models higher .
But at least there’s a few pictures I have not seen that in a long time even though there poor.

Tk things work out for a reason , don’t settle and allow that itch to win out over logic . 🙂

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
... I will keep at it. The hunt is part of the fun, I guess.

Yes, the hunt is definitely part of the fun. That includes the research and then the searching. You can spend a lot of time on this. When you finally make your score, it's great having and looking at and playing your new guitar, but you're suddenly no longer researching and hunting for that guitar. This leaves a hole in what you've been doing for the past weeks or months. Sure, now you're enjoying and playing your new acquisition, but it's kind of a letdown when you're no longer on the hunt.

I guess the solution is to start researching and hunting for another guitar. :)

If GC calls it "Fair" condition, you may not want it. I wouldn't.

Totally agree. As mentioned, even "good" condition at GC is not necessarily good, and the guitar probably needs work, if not significant work. Yes, their return policy is quite good. Even if you get the guitar from across the country, you can return it to your local GC and avoid the return shipping charges.

I bought a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12-string that was listed in "great" condition. It was indeed in great condition.... except for a major crack in the soundboard below the bridge. I don't know if it was like that or if it happened in transit, but I returned it to the local GC for a full refund. Of course, I would have preferred to have that guitar in great condition. It was a beauty. I'm still kind of bummed about that....

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, the hunt is definitely part of the fun. That includes the research and then the searching. You can spend a lot of time on this. When you finally make your score, it's great having and looking at and playing your new guitar, but you're suddenly no longer researching and hunting for that guitar. This leaves a hole in what you've been doing for the past weeks or months. Sure, now you're enjoying and playing your new acquisition, but it's kind of a letdown when you're no longer on the hunt.

I guess the solution is to start researching and hunting for another guitar. :)

Totally agree. As mentioned, even "good" condition at GC is not necessarily good, and the guitar probably needs work, if not significant work. Yes, their return policy is quite good. Even if you get the guitar from across the country, you can return it to your local GC and avoid the return shipping charges.

I bought a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12-string that was listed in "great" condition. It was indeed in great condition.... except for a major crack in the soundboard below the bridge. I don't know if it was like that or if it happened in transit, but I returned it to the local GC for a full refund. Of course, I would have preferred to have that guitar in great condition. It was a beauty. I'm still kind of bummed about that....

That was not a crack - that was the custom Gibson Dual Function Top Ventilator. It allows the body to flow air through as well as an extra "tuned" sound port.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
That was not a crack - that was the custom Gibson Dual Function Top Ventilator. It allows the body to flow air through as well as an extra "tuned" sound port.

I've heard different verbiage ascribed to the GDF Top Ventilator acronym.
Just sayin'...
:glee:

bobouz

Reaction score
Anything listed at GC as being in "Fair" condition is probably going to be thrashed to within an inch of it's life!