It's that day again.........

CA-35

Reaction score
As I do every year on this day, I must call attention to the tragedy of the U.S.S. Indianapolis (CA-35) that occurred 73 years ago, 30 July 1945.

Redundancy aside, I will spare everyone the story and the pictures. However, one sobering fact still remains; there are only 19 of the original 317 survivors that were plucked from the sea still alive today.

Indy Maru.................still at sea. RIP my brothers.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Such a tragedy-one of the most gripping books I have ever read. Book put you in the water with them and cannot imagine being one of the crew.

CA-35

Reaction score
CA-35,
Thanks for keeping the faith and for the service you and your fellow travelers rendered to our country.

I keep the faith however I rendered no service.

There are 2 books that I recommend "Fatal Voyage" by Dan Kurzman and "In Harm's Way" by Doug Stanton. Both out of print but can be found at The Military Bookman on line.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I keep the faith however I rendered no service.

There are 2 books that I recommend "Fatal Voyage" by Dan Kurzman and "In Harm's Way" by Doug Stanton. Both out of print but can be found at The Military Bookman on line.[/
"In Harm's Way" is the book that put me in the water.

CA-35

Reaction score
"In Harm's Way" is the book that put me in the water.

I met the author of "In Harm's Way" Doug Stanton at the Survivors 1999 reunion in Indianapolis. We put down quite a few beers over the three day reunion. He listed me in the credits of his book although I'm not sure if it were for picking up most of the bar tabs or for information that I shared with him.