Odd 1970 Starfire bass II

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank you, sir!
My next question is about straightening the neck. Being that it is a 70 (older)- does the truss rod provide the neck relief by tightening and loosening (like Fenders)- or is the neck straightened by hand and then the truss rod is tightened to hold it in place (like old Rickenbackers)?

Hello

With any guitar - new or old - I always sit on chair - put the guitar standing between my knees - then bend the neck by hand to straighten it - then adjust the screw/nut - this is in order to not put extra stress or friction on thread. Especially on old instrument the thread could be well worn and being on safe side is a good thing.

My two €-cents

Last edited:

Mobros1

Reaction score
Thank you! This thing has been sitting in a case for way too long and the neck has a “banana” to it- being that it is the smallest/ thinnest neck I now own plus the nut is fairly tight- I didn’t want to really start in on it until I asked you folks, first to see if there are tricks to them.

Mobros1

Reaction score
Hello all- I was after some bezels for my BS-1 pickups, so I emailed Guild today and their response was lightnin’ fast! I emailed back and forth with a guy named Patrick Windsor and he was awesome to deal with- very personable!! It’s nice to see such a large company still has great customer service.

edwin

Reaction score
Boy, this would be a perfect candidate for an Alembic Series II conversion, given that the pickup routs are already there!

Signed,
Mr. Broken Record

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
Better to sign off as Mr. Tape Loop?

There are still some teething pains on those pups but they have great promise.

Your loop will continue to be relevant.