M-75

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
To help tame the high end on my NS M-75, I swapped the tune-o-matic bridge with a rosewood bridge. It's still a bright sounding guitar, but a little smoother now, plus I think the rosewood bridge looks better. Now to get rid of that amber switch tip...

m-75%20bridge.jpg

swiveltung

Reaction score
Yeah, even the old ones were a bit thin sounding. Until you crank things up. Mine sounded fine in front of a Marshall stack circa 1970! The intro to Foxy Lady was perfect! :>)

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
To help tame the high end on my NS M-75, I swapped the tune-o-matic bridge with a rosewood bridge. It's still a bright sounding guitar, but a little smoother now, plus I think the rosewood bridge looks better. Now to get rid of that amber switch tip...

Think I'll do the same with my next string change. Might go with 12-gauge flatwounds too. Already put on a cream switch tip. :)

-Dave-

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

kakerlak

Reaction score
Since the bridge bases on these are separate little pedestals, I'd figure any wooden bridge you want would work, provided it's not too tall to adjust.

kakerlak

Reaction score
I think the bigger challenge would be finding a wooden bridge intonated for plain G. Last I checked, the only aftermarket offering was a weird-*** (and expensive) one from Sadowsky.

Reaction score
I was the one asking about a wood bridge saddle on an M-75. I think it would be nice on a bright guitar and sure looks nice. I have several guitars with wood bridges and is the only change I made to my Gibson L-4CES. I would not change it back!
By the way I have truly enjoyed your web site GG
Thanks john

Last edited:

DThomasC

Reaction score
Since the bridge bases on these are separate little pedestals, I'd figure any wooden bridge you want would work, provided it's not too tall to adjust.

I think so too. The spacing between the posts is not super critical. I suppose it's possible that some aftermarket bridges are WAY too long, but the drawings I've seen show them between 2.9" and 3". The one on my NS Aristocrat is right around 2.9". I think it would have no trouble accommodating something up to 3.25", maybe more.

Material can always be removed from the bottom it's too tall.

I think the bigger challenge would be finding a wooden bridge intonated for plain G. Last I checked, the only aftermarket offering was a weird-*** (and expensive) one from Sadowsky.

Agreed. It's kind of perplexing that there is are simply none out there.

parker_knoll

Reaction score
I suspected as much, thanks for confirming!
Figured top radius might be an issue too, but maybe more easily dealt with, if the curve of the bridge could be flattened by sanding without creating other issues..

Radius is easier to cope with : just cut the slots deeper