Guild S-70

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I knew it!! I made an offer on her-hope its clean
DIBS!!

Yeah, I get around. I may let you outbid me on that Brian May, though. :wink-new: Hopefully you'll let me borrow it when you do.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey GAD,

Sweet looking S70. One if my favorites! I really like the sound of those DiMarzio single coils.

I have owned two if these. Both had stock wiring but it worked differently. I think one was wired incorrectly. I will be curious to know how yours is wired. I once, and only once, saw a S70 with three (or four) mini switches like a X79-3 instead of the blade selector switch.

M

Well, I'll now have two as well so I can compare them.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
You are a tad psychic aren't you GAD?! Yes, neck pickup mount has a long section cracked right off right beneath the screws! I have to say though, it is actual WHITE! Tiny bit of yellowing on the back of the neck but it is in incredible condition. I don't think it spent a ton of time being played. It's like it was sealed in carbonite!:wink-new:

Not psychic, just have too much experience with S300s. :happy:

Hans may be able to hook you up with rings. Worth an email.

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not psychic, just have too much experience with S300s. :happy:

Hans may be able to hook you up with rings. Worth an email.

I shot Hans a message and he can find rings! One ring to rule them all, one ring to bind them....:rolleyes:

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
What kind of psycho slaps an adhesive cheapie pick holder on a vintage Guild electric??? I guess deep down I suspected there were people like that walking among us, but now that I know for sure I am afraid to leave my house!:nightmare:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
BTW I just bought this today. Supposedly mint.

pvx6dd198oprjakugskp.jpg

Hey, I got one of those too!

S-70D_zpsfdjbttuq.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Seller refunded my payment out of the blue and said they output jack isn't right. He has also not responded to any of my messages saying I don't care and I still want it. Methinks he got a better offer.

GuildedCage

Reaction score
Guild Total
Seller refunded my payment out of the blue and said they output jack isn't right. He has also not responded to any of my messages saying I don't care and I still want it. Methinks he got a better offer.

He is playing Dirty Pool! Same with the seller I got my S-300 from. Looked at her under bright lights and saw the rookie crazy glue job he tried to do on the pickup rings. He knew if he was upfront about that he would have to say goodbye to $300-400 off his asking price and he cant list it as Very Good. Sorry you lost it, but you have another!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, you lost this one, GAD? Seller just pulled out like that? Bah, humbug. That guy gets coal in his stocking this xmas.

2nevets

Reaction score
I would call reverb and speak to them
they will pursue it
that A-hole deserves bad feedback

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
GAD, did u send a link to your blogs/reviews?? either way the seller will regret pulling out in the end. odds are in your favor as there are many others out there, and demand is not thru the roof. wait for the mahogany burst or black w Dimarzios

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
GAD, did u send a link to your blogs/reviews?? either way the seller will regret pulling out in the end. odds are in your favor as there are many others out there, and demand is not thru the roof. wait for the mahogany burst or black w Dimarzios

I have never seen another mint one for sale.

2nevets

Reaction score
I sent a message to the seller and his response was "sold-very desirable guitar"
looks like he pulled a fast one