Ditching the fingerpicks

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
the 2.0 mm Dunlop picks never break.
it takes me months to even need to use a new one
i like their picks so much I have started to buy their strings :)

WW, every time you mention your use of 2.0 picks, it blows my mind! Those are really thick, especially for strumming! They must last forever!

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
WW, every time you mention your use of 2.0 picks, it blows my mind! Those are really thick, especially for strumming! They must last forever!

walrus

i saw 3.0mm picks on sweetwater but decided that would be just too much. I mean come on. LOL

dude i love the 2s. it makes the Br sounds bigger. i need a bigger sound as i get older and my hearing gets worse. I know, one day i will have to buy a Guild 12er :)

F312

Reaction score
i saw 3.0mm picks on sweetwater but decided that would be just too much. I mean come on. LOL

dude i love the 2s. it makes the Br sounds bigger. i need a bigger sound as i get older and my hearing gets worse. I know, one day i will have to buy a Guild 12er :)

All you need is a small acoustic amplifier, it satisfies my ears, and it won't break the bank.

Ralph

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
All you need is a small acoustic amplifier, it satisfies my ears, and it won't break the bank.

Ralph

it's my ears. i just do not like the sound of thin picks against the strings. I need more of a meaty sound. I am trying to make the Br sound like a D50.

the 2.0mm pick gets me close enough for government work...

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score

Ralph

My guitar teacher made me an amp from two small computer speakers -- 1/4" jack. Works great and no trouble moving around.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, when I'm flatpicking I need a thicker pick - I use a 1.3mm Cats Tongue. On my electric and on my mandolin, I use my solid silver half-dollar pick.