How to eliminate rattle from tongue and groove wall boards

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How do you eliminate rattle from tongue and groove wall boards

I figured id ask if there’s a building pro or pro wannabe on board lol .

Since I’m using T&G 1x6 for my entertainment center lining the thought acured to me that though it’s going to be reinforced by the 3 inch thick shelving all about that rattling from the surround system could happen .

I was originally just going to do the basic nailing technique well still will lol but I wondering if liquid nails should used as well ?

Ok so the floor is yours , ideas and or suggestions if any .

Thanks much 🙂

Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Liquid nails certainly would work ! I'd bet some non hardening silicone would work to, and would have a longer dry time, after you tube it on.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Liquid nails certainly would work ! I'd bet some non hardening silicone would work to, and would have a longer dry time, after you tube it on.

Silicone does sound like a good idea , kind of a shock absorber . I’ll look into it . Thanks

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe you were looking to, uh, "bump up" the visual interest, as well.
Keep abreast of your progress, 'kay?

Oh I so don’t get what your saying lol is that a first ? What visual interest ? Lol

Last two weeks I’ve been as mentally thick as a mountain of rock so forgive my lack of understanding lmao