Question on valuation

Reaction score
New to forum. Tried search function, but was not successful. I own two fantastic Guild guitars - a '99 Starfire III and a '73 F-48 Navarre. Love them both, but I have to part with the F-48. I have seen them valued all over the map online. Just looking for a fair value of the guitar. Any suggestions on where to start or who to contact?

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Johnson - I am somewhat surprised some of the heavies from this site have not chimed in for at least info. In general I think you might find it difficult to get anyone here to quote you a value as there are just too many variables. Your perceived condition may not match someone elses. With no photos to to view I am guessing no one wants to venture in. Reverb has some info on what they have seen for sale prices over the last many months but that is limited to what they have seen on the site. (see https://reverb.com/price-guide/guide/18387-guild-f-48-navarre-mid-70s-natural) . I would suggest finding a local dealer (or a few if possible) you trust and take them the guitar to see what they say. Then you have something to go by. Good luck.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I missed this post the first time 'round. I like your handle! :welcoming:

The current Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide (2018) lists the Navarre F-48 (1972-1975) at $1300 - $1700. The Price Guide shows values for all-original, excellent condition instruments with the original case. As Steve488 points out above, any issues with the condition of the instrument have to be taken into consideration.