Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Finnish sense of humor

Sign on street : "Erotic Dance From Top Of The World!"
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute

car tire's summer trip
    First good guitar - GUILD Duane Eddy 400 - I was 3rd owner - still regret letting it go 25 years ago - used to have Artist Award and Starfire - no regrets here.
    Present guitars - all bought new - F50R 1975 - F512 1977 - F212CSB 1979 - OM-240CE 2018 - Schecter Startocaster
    bought secondhand - B30SB fretless - RED Songbird - White Songbird - D-125 - Gibson 3/4-size acoustic 1957 - Carmelo Gonzales nylon string - old Levin Lute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuska View Post

car tire's summer trip
    Oh my. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuball48 View Post
    Frono: You are correct----again.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

... putting wildfire out continues.
    They have a helicopter, too.

First screen : "I bought polarizig sunglasses."
    Second Screen : "There are just nazis and communists all over."

First screen : Robotic centre
    Second screen : Close the door behind you
    Third screen : KLONK . . .

Merry X-mas to each and all.

Winter solstice is past - so now we have a whopping 5h21min of daylight - often cloudy like today.

I never understood the idea of bathrobe.

Today 5h26min daylight

Yippee - 6h5min daylight - besides it is sunny, so walking the dog was real enjoyment. Temp about -5C = 24F

Introducing B Virtanen

Mr Virtanen is office clerk who has ****ty superior, ****ty head of department, big boss does not care - at home wife is more or less alike. Nobody seems to show any respect for him. One female co-worker shows occasional compassion.

First Screen : Head of department watching Virtanen
    Second screen : Virtanen, would a better paid more interesting job interest you ? " "OH YES!"
    Third screen : "No wonder."

Screen one : "Fingerpori Sports Association has taken action to prevent flu contamination.
    Screen two : The wrestlers have been told absolutely not shake hands before match.

And finally one, that plays with words having multiple meanings - the word "arkki" in Finnish means a.o. sheet of paper and Noahs Ark - this is not to insult anybodys religious feelings - so if any of you find this insulting - please tell and I remove it.

Screen one : Noah!!
    Screen two : You must make an ark, that's big enough for all animals of the world ! Got it!
    Screen three: After half year: This has place for all, if you use small writing.

Blog Entries
    I laughed. Thank you. I'm OK with Noah. Indeed the Bible itself has several instances where a knowledge of the original language reveals similar word play.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgod View Post
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuball48 View Post
    Frono: You are correct----again.

'67 Starfire I Bass (Cherry)
    '71 JS II Bass (Walnut)
    '82 B-50 Acoustic Bass (Natural)
    '87 Pilot (Black)
    '13 Newark Street Starfire Bass (Cherry)
    '16 Betts Bass "Walnut Bottom"

LMG I, II, III

This space available.

It's funny...and, Nuuska, your ability to translate the humor from two obviously very different languages is amazing...thank you!

Introducing Murikka - Superior of B Virtanen - he is totally incapable of achieving nothing, but he bullies Virtanen and is friend of head of department.

Screen one - head of department is busy
    Screen two - Murikka is busy
    Screen three - let's try again... head of department and Murikka are busy.

Since I suppose that my friend Al is working at office - he is online only on working hours - where would he put him in B Virtanen world?