DeArmond starfire

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just got a dearmond starfire custom and it has duncan designed humbuckers in it the guy i bought it from reckons they were original in the first 300 produced any one got any info on these
cheers
geordie

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
HI Geordie, welcome board, sorry can't help, but hang on, hopefully somebody'll know, we've got a couple of guys who know a little about DeArmonds.

shihan

Reaction score
Welcome, geordie, you came to the right (and wrong) place. Right becase you will get info on your Dearmond, and wrong because this place will make you want to buy Guild guitars. You have been warned!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wecome, Geordie, what is the serial number on your DeArmond?

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi guys
Just got a dearmond starfire custom and it has duncan designed humbuckers in it the guy i bought it from reckons they were original in the first 300 produced any one got any info on these
cheers
geordie
Welcome to LTG! No hint in any old 1998 DeArmond literature about Duncan designed humbuckers in a DeArmond Starfire (IV). Highly unlikely. They should have had the DeArmond Gold Tone Humbuckers I'd say.

kzlhakzs1bbxc6ar9akl.jpg

Does yours have a KC8... or just a s/n 8... serial number? The first number after the "KC" tells the year. An "8" would be 1998, and a "9" would be 1999. Starting with 2000, they added another digit. So, KC00=2000, KC01=2001...etc. But the very first guitars didn't have the KC (Korea Cort) infront of the serial number.

Ralf

Reaction score
Thanks guys the serial is KC9091948
It is a lovely guitar but i think the bridge pick up is a it hot and thinking of changing them any suggestions?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
That serial number does make it an earlier one, produced in Korea at the Cort factory. The "KC" models are more desirable, so you did well. Could you post photos?

Reaction score
Quick one here took ff the scratch plate to give it a good clean not a mark on it any where.
8Plhti4.jpg