Baby's Back!! The D65S arrived home last Friday........

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Tom in Vegas - I may have a preference myself for rosewood but I still appreciate other woods. That is one might nice looking guitar. Now that it is primo shape it is time to get your knee back in similar condition.

geoguy

Reaction score
That's an exceptionally fine-looking guitar, Tom.

And best wishes for your knee upgrade!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks, amigo!! I just take life's challenges as they're thrown at me. They're a lot lately but my choice is what? Just get 'er done, right??

I think I found the perfect guy, he can't wait to get his hands on your knee:
Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show-Photograp.jpg

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, the guitar looks fantastic. Looking at the pictures you'd never know anything was wrong. Simply amazing work.

MLBob

Reaction score
Tomas,

A tribute to craftsmanship!.

Here's hoping the knee docs are every bit as skilled.

Bob

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh GOD, Bob!! I hope they are, or HE is!! I meet him tomorrow. I know a lady (sounds like an intro to a joke, I know) who went in for a knee replacement in Texas and they severed a huge artery and she almost died and now she's permanently crippled and no doctor will take it on. I keep thinking of that and going....... "Oh Lord, what are the odds???" It's all gonna be okay amigo!! And If I die, then just know that I love you all..... best 7 years of my life on this forum. BUT (as Pee Wee Herman says: "Everyone I know has a big BUTT") I'm moving forward. No time for regrets or worries. And now I'm gonna play some guitars, okay??? :smiley_simmons:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tom:
Best of knee report today. May you have peace and confidence in whatever decision is reached.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Folks, that is one amazing guitar. As good as it looks (and it does look great) it was amazing to play for a bit, and it immediately sent me to the web searching unsuccessfully for another one.

Tom, I hope things go well with your knees issue. Take good care of yourself, man!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Folks, that is one amazing guitar. As good as it looks (and it does look great) it was amazing to play for a bit, and it immediately sent me to the web searching unsuccessfully for another one.

The truth comes out!!! The (good) repair shops do play your guitars while they have them :)

Glad to hear another success story from fixit and co.

Good luck with the knee.

evenkeel

Silver Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your guitar back in such great shape. And kudo's to Tom on a job very well done.

F312

Reaction score
Oh, you're having knee surgery? Tell me about it every day for 6 months. Get well.

Ralph

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Tom, I hope things go well with your knees issue. Take good care of yourself, man!
Thanks, Dave!! As I understand it you came in on a day off to give it a whirl, and I'm glad you did!! I wish that thuddy dead low E string had been replaced when you played it, but now it rings like a bell!!

And thanks to all for the kind words regarding the guitar and well-wishes on the knee. I'm off to the joint replacement doc right now. I'll let you know what the outcome is!! Take care all! :encouragement:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn, Tom. That guitar is beaYUTEiful! Tom is the man as you now well know.

So sorry to hear about the knee. Having had too many knee surgeries and having been told that there may be a replacement in my future, I feel for you.

Since you mentioned losing weight, I can tell you that losing 30 pounds has made a HUGE difference on my knees. My goal is 40 (maybe 50) because a 5-gallon water bottle weighs 40 pounds. Go pick one of those up and walk around with it and that's what an extra 40 pounds id doing to your knees. Well... you probably shouldn't do that right now...

Good luck! Glad at least the guitar feels better!

tommym

Reaction score
.....I can tell you that losing 30 pounds has made a HUGE difference on my knees......

I lost the spring in my step over the years and chalked it up to getting older. But, after being sick as a dog a while back and losing 20 pounds, I notice the spring in my step is back and my back feels a lot better too.

Properly fitting shoes and insoles are an often overlooked aspect of spine / hip / knee / ankle long term health. I now have custom insoles made for all of my shoes, and I buy my shoes with these insoles in mind. Custom insole are not cheap, so I've culled my shoe collection accordingly.

Also I no longer use a "messenger" style work bag that slings over one side of the body as that can cause long term issues too. Now I use a smaller "urban" backpack to balance the load with a bare bones content; umbrella, sweater, cell phone only. That's all I really need for the bus ride to and from work. I can read books or watch movies on my cell phone now.

Tommy

F312

Reaction score
I lost the spring in my step over the years and chalked it up to getting older. But, after being sick as a dog a while back and losing 20 pounds, I notice the spring in my step is back and my back feels a lot better too.

Properly fitting shoes and insoles are an often overlooked aspect of spine / hip / knee / ankle long term health. I now have custom insoles made for all of my shoes, and I buy my shoes with these insoles in mind. Custom insole are not cheap, so I've culled my shoe collection accordingly.

Also I no longer use a "messenger" style work bag that slings over one side of the body as that can cause long term issues too. Now I use a smaller "urban" backpack to balance the load with a bare bones content; umbrella, sweater, cell phone only. That's all I really need for the bus ride to and from work. I can read books or watch movies on my cell phone now.

Tommy

Getting it together, now that's what I like to hear.

Ralph

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn, Tom. That guitar is beaYUTEiful! Tom is the man as you now well know.

So sorry to hear about the knee. Having had too many knee surgeries and having been told that there may be a replacement in my future, I feel for you.

Since you mentioned losing weight, I can tell you that losing 30 pounds has made a HUGE difference on my knees. My goal is 40 (maybe 50) because a 5-gallon water bottle weighs 40 pounds. Go pick one of those up and walk around with it and that's what an extra 40 pounds id doing to your knees. Well... you probably shouldn't do that right now...

Good luck! Glad at least the guitar feels better!
Oh no kidding Gary!! The Sparkletts guy came last Friday and we had minimal jugs to carry in. Today, I had Don do it. I can't do crutches and the huge bottle. And I can kind of walk now carefully without the crutches. But I made Don do it. He's only 74.... he can handle it. However EYE have to flip it up on the ceramic jug!!! Upper body at least a B or C-......... Lower body, F!! So knee replacement by October. Got blood work and EKG's and clearance for major surgery. And it's an overnight stay in the hospital. Damn!!

Oh well at least he can fix it. Dr. Allen looked at the x-rays they took today and said, "Well, golly.... I don't know how you're getting around (pain meds) but your knees are crap." Which is language I understand. He can fix it. Left first, then right.

I love having a plan.......in the meantime, I medicate and play. How does that sound??