None of your beeswax?

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Al:
Now I remember where I have seen your name in the past. It was in the "credits" on the Johnny Carson show. You were one of his writers.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Al:
Now I remember where I have seen your name in the past. It was in the "credits" on the Johnny Carson show. You were one of his writers.

And if you're getting the dreaded "black box":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgYbogp1Ha0
Hint:
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
These acoustics use a special hand-rubbed, ultra thin beeswax finish, a naturally occurring finish that is safe for the environment.
The beeswax can be reapplied as needed, as wear happens, according to Gibson Montana's Don Ruffato.

Walnut as a tone wood sounds like it would fly although it might not be the first choice as long as other woods are available.
I have a 2006 Claro Walnut Taylor 414-E-LTD and it is a wonderful sounding guitar. Taylor promotes it as "Another beautiful hardwood, walnut has a similar density and stiffness to koa, with a similar tightness initially. Like koa, it tends to have a bright top end, but with a more present midrange, somewhere between mahogany and rosewood. Walnut also starts off a little deeper on the low end, initially giving it a slightly woodier sound than koa. The low end will continue to fill out after being played in."

Like when Taylor first came out with the ES system, you had to wrap a sticky note around the battery, that was their workaround for not properly measuring the hole. I know cause I had one. And yes, i had a sticky note wrapped around the battery.
Same with my 2006 414-E-LTD!

Ralf