Please help me identify my bluesbird

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a Bluesbird, and I can't find the serial number anywhere on the guild website on how to determine its age. The s/n is
CL000019. I would appreciate any help on figuring this out- maybe I'm missing it on the guild site. It's a beautiful sunburst.

Thanks!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Can you post pics? Sounds like an early Corona-made model to me. Maybe late Westerly. I always get that era confused. Regardless, that's a good era. Hans will likely be along to give you the actual date. I only guess. :05.18-flustered:

Last edited:
Reaction score
mystery guitar...

Hans has been in touch, thanks! Forgive me- I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures in here. Grr. The guitar sounds and plays great, so I wanted to know more of its history. When I figure out how to post photos I will asap. -Cheers

Reaction score
Pics

Yes! Please!

walrus
Lol: hello and thank you. I'm going to follow the link above about how to host pics (anything more complicated than dragging and dropping from my desktop stumps my analog brain haha) and get the pics up asap! -Cheers everyone and thanks especially much to Hans.

-Tilt

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
If you ask GAD nicely, he'll probably let you email him your pics and post them for you...he's rather good at pics.:applause:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
You don't even have to ask! Just email me the pics and I'll post 'em. It's for the common good! :05.18-flustered:

Reaction score
1992 x2000!

First of all, thank you everyone for your welcome, enthusiasm and help. Pics will be arriving soon and I'm 'going in' to get some more detailed shots.
Cheers!
-Eric

Reaction score
Pics: X2000

0uevtvjh.jpg

LWwGSEAh.jpg

BZg4Zsgh.jpg

ZsrYMKSh.jpg

bMhT6ykh.jpg

AKNIB2Mh.jpg

Pickup picks to follow. Enjoy.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dayum. That is my favorite finish on my favorite era of Guild.

I need that. If you ever decide to sell it please let me know. That needs to be reviewed!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm glad you like the finish! I agree it's a beauty. And yes: How embarrassing re: the TRC! (Insert chagrinned emoji here) Will remedy that immediately. Here's some photos of the neck pickup.

WnJBpY5h.jpg

e57VcV5h.jpg

It would be a pretty cold day to have me sell this, but you never know. You guys would know much better than me what it is worth in dollars; but as far as value: I do know that since I've had this, both my les pauls have been in their cases lol. Plugged into my old Goodsell it is magical. Off to rotate the tRC lol. -Cheers!

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice guitar, although the pickup selector switch is in an unconventional location.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice! They only made 50 of these I believe (If a sale listing is to be believed.)

DThomasC

Reaction score
Very nice. More of a Nightbird than a Bluesbird.

I know I won't make any friends saying this, but I think the TRC looks ok upside down on the snake head instruments from that era.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice. More of a Nightbird than a Bluesbird.

I know I won't make any friends saying this, but I think the TRC looks ok upside down on the snake head instruments from that era.
Blasphemer! Unclean! Heretic! Outcast!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Although I see what you're saying, they should have just had a new TRC made to match that headstock. They did for the X-79!

guild_x79_head_front_1.jpg

(Sucks that they're missing a screw!)