Please help me identify my bluesbird

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a beautiful sunburst that is! Thanks for taking the time to photograph it for posterity here, tilt!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
0uevtvjh.jpg

The top looks to have very minimal arch/carve to it. The bottom knobs are almost at the same angle and there is very little curve in the bridge pick-up ring.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The knobs look odd to me... Not that it's not possible, but the one's I've seen all have a mini-toggle where yours has a knob. Also I've never seen a Nightbird with G-shield knobs. Though I haven't seen many and Guild is known for making slight changes seemingly at a whim, this is what the ones I've seen look like:

SS850175.jpg

Thanks for the gut shots, BTW - that's an awesome thing to see! I have to comment that I've not seen Guild use braided wire, either. Do you know any of the history of the guitar?

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Although I see what you're saying, they should have just had a new TRC made to match that headstock.

With thanks to our own GAD, I was able to confirm my foggy memory that those did indeed get their own TRC's:
http://www.gad.net/Blog/2017/10/23/gads-guide-to-guild-nightbirds/
Which directed me to the post below, from here:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?152192-X2000-Part-II
I finally got the guitar in my hand today !

AMAZING !!!!

i'm wordless

the dream comes true......

Moreover, I went to the Guild website and i see that X2000 stopped at 53 units (CL000053)

But i saw that bluesbird model came with CL000153 so my theory is that they had an hundred to separate both models and that there is only 53 X2000 made.....

Maybe Hans will correct me if i'm wrong....

here's some pics of the X2000 and of my private collection....
SS850176-1.jpg

So our new member's guitar may not have original TRC.
OR I could guess that maybe it didn't clear the tuning peg bezels, and perhaps it might have actually got the blank TRC installed upside down at the factory?

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Please don't think we're saying that your X2000 is anything less than amazing. We're just Guild nerds with excessive attention to detail problems. :05.18-flustered:

Reaction score
Please don't think we're saying that your X2000 is anything less than amazing. We're just Guild nerds with excessive attention to detail problems. :05.18-flustered:

No problem! This is my first Guild so all this information is great! I wish I knew more history of the guitar so it's good to learn- and it seems I've come to the right place. :) Regardless, it looks, sounds, and plays great so I'm a happy camper.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those are Gibson knobs. Along with the tulip tuners i think that person REALLY wanted a Les Paul.

In picture of backside of headstock it is clearly visible, that the Gibson tuners have only one screw each - other hole is empty.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
No problem! This is my first Guild so all this information is great! I wish I knew more history of the guitar so it's good to learn- and it seems I've come to the right place. :) Regardless, it looks, sounds, and plays great so I'm a happy camper.

It's a beautiful and rare specimen and I want it. I'll give you sixteen million dollars for it. See Grot for payment. :excitement:

Where are you located? I'd love to take pics of it.

Reaction score
It's a beautiful and rare specimen and I want it. I'll give you sixteen million dollars for it. See Grot for payment. :excitement:

Where are you located? I'd love to take pics of it.

Thanks, GAD: that's a decent offer, but even with her shortcomings (tuners, TRC, knobs etc...) tell Grot I really have to get 16.5 million for her :)

I'm in Los Angeles, but as a kid I lived in Upper Saddle River and have nothing but fond memories of NJ. If you're ever out here you're welcome to take all the photos you like.

-Cheers

Last edited: