Please allow me to introduce myself...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ok got tired of waitin'.
Don't say I never did nuthin' for ya:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...s-AND-ENDS!!&p=1588218&viewfull=1#post1588218
Coupla highlights, but more in that comprehensive thread covering the entire build process:
mkpool2.jpg

topgluedwithback.jpg

mkpool2.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
awesome looking guitar. love the simple headstock.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
And spank me, I forgot to say welcome aboard, too!
Any suggestions? I've had good luck with D'Adderio, DR Rares, John Pearse, and Martin SPs have been my go-to for years.

I rarely pass up a chance to promote my own agenda, since string threads seem to be a common target of controversy, here.
(Yes that's me you hear in the background, doing my best to muffle my laughter):
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?195557-The-Absolutely-Positively-Last-String-Thread

stormin1155

Reaction score
Thanks Adorshki! I started reading your string post... you lost me at maximum transverse force... I promise never to bring up the topic of strings on this forum again.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Al, I'm gonna SMACK you.......... I didn't mean LITERALLY!! I mean in like FB terms which means a week or so. OKAY???

p. s. -Norm since you're new don't get the wrong impression. I actually like Al..... somewhat, most of the time. So THERE!!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Al, shows you how sad and pitiful I am. <whines "I cant get into my old computer!!"> And Al's like, you posted the photos back in the old days you dumb a$$!!! He gets me every time!!! Thanks for the assist.

Still need those old photos, though. Maybe this would be a good time to work on that, huh?

Norm, I hope you have liquid lubrication at your home. It helps here sometimes. Of course, if you don't drink that's fine too. I swear, it's, like, totally fine!!! :devilish:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Adorshki! I started reading your string post... you lost me at maximum transverse force... I promise never to bring up the topic of strings on this forum again.
Okay.... this guy GETS IT!!!!

String threads ad nauseum but I still can't get the old computer to boot up. Now I'm cranky. S'okay..... our friend Emaan is coming tomorrow to do his magic. I hope..... oh no, Monday. He works regular hours. I forget about that stuff...... :sour:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
p.s. - that damn guitar turned out so nice and I wish y'all could play it!! It was fun watching it go from some wooden junk delivered in a box with vague instructions, to a super nice instrument that sounds amazing!! I hope you're proud of yours Norm. I'm not a builder, just an over the shoulder adviser...... I haven't the patience but your surely paid off. :eek:nthego:

Last edited:

Mark WW

Reaction score
Hey Norm - Greetings. Another lover of the GAD's. I have a D-25 like yours, GAD-40ce and a GAD G212. Nice trio post! Just curious - G been on the A(formerly Agile)GF Forum for a long time?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Wait..... are wing nuts considered gay? I probably shouldn't say this but coming from me, is it okay??? LMFAO!!

Wingnuts are merely more "spun" than your every day garden variety nuts.
In any case I treat all nuts with equal disdain regardless of their "handedness":
Screw_thread_handedness.png

:friendly_wink: