Sweetwatwer-Stand-up Folks

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, I posted something recently where Sweetwater had reduced their pricing on new NS S 200's t0 $399. Comes with warranty etc. I already had the light blue model with the P 90's and it's a lot of fun. So, even though I seldom play electric gear I ordered the cherry one they were offering for $399. The Ebay listing said it came with HSC.

I received the guitar yesterday (looks great and plays well right out of the box) but it was shipped with a gig bag and not the HSC, I messaged Sweetwater to tell them about it. Their 1st response was I must be mistaken because they don't ship that typically in a HSC. I asked them to revisit the listing I bought from and they came back to apologize and said I was correct and that they were sending out a new SKB HSC free of charge. By the way, all the other listings I saw did say gig bag so I think they just screwed up (to my benefit) on the listing I bought from.

Anyway cudos to Sweetwater. I'm eating some of their candy as we speak.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
sweetwater is great. i get strings from them at times. free shipping and they send candy along with purchase. prices are decent.
just make sure to opt out of their marketing barrage :)

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sweetwater is awesome.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
You made out. I have three NS T-Birds and none of them came in a case.

MLBob

Reaction score
Sweetwater has always treated me fairly. Great follow through on product guarantees, and will stand behind the promise to replace any demo/floor model gear if it isn't working like new. The rep I deal with will sometimes give a better deal if I ask, and will be straight about it with me if they can't.
Bob

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sweetwater is one of the ones that gets it. I’ve only had positive experiences with them. They understand the value of loyal, repeat customers. Too many others are short sighted and only focused on the current sale.

Reaction score
I just ordered a black Starfire II from Sweetwater for $499. Super excited to receive it. I’m tempted to pick up one of the T-Birds, too.

Mark WW

Reaction score
Sweetwater certainly seems to be a quality company and they do try and differentiate themselves. In the days of pretty consistent 15% off MAP it is certainly a challenge to maintain profit margins and standout service. But Kudos to SW.

Reaction score
Hi, new member here, first time replying. Sweetwater is AWESOME, and then some! One of the reasons I’ve been dealing with them since 2013 is that they are one of the only music instrument websites that will do a setup before shipping. For a small fee they’ll add strings of my choice and adjust the action to accommodate them. I just received from them a new Guild T50 Slim. I’ve only had the instrument two weeks and I’m blown away! Aside for the unwound G, which needs some adjustment, the guitar is stellar. Their service is exemplary in every way. Other than Just Strings, I deal with no other website online when it comes to buying guitars and other equipment. I’ve had people ask me, “How can you buy a guitar online without trying it?” My answer is always the same; my sales rep knows my taste and will work with me to get the instrument of my choosing. I’d rather that than going to the local GC and have to suffer shredder wannabes blasting away so wantonly I can’t think. Love Sweetwater! I’ll be placing a review on this site soon.