Sometimes I'm not too bright

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Took a bunch of pics yesterday and was frustrated in the poor quality of the pick guard on my T-Bird ST. It was dull and just wouldn't clean up well. That sucked because i was pretty impressed with the rest of the guitar. Then the photos revealed the ugly truth:

5D3_0601_1600.jpg

The protective coating is still on the guard!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And then comes the day when you wonder why there is no sound coming from amp - even though the light is on etc - but somewhere there is an unplugged cable - or two . . .

Welcome to the club. We are plenty.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And then comes the day when you wonder why there is no sound coming from amp - even though the light is on etc - but somewhere there is an unplugged cable - or two . . .

Welcome to the club. We are plenty.
When I bought my AC30 head, I was able to bargain down some because the seller said the reverb wasn’t working.
When it was delivered, I opened it up.

The RCA cables to the reverb tank were unplugged.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
When I bought my AC30 head, I was able to bargain down some because the seller said the reverb wasn’t working.
When it was delivered, I opened it up.

The RCA cables to the reverb tank were unplugged.

HAH

A friend of mine was running business renting diverse machines to pubs etc. One day he gets call from a pub next town about 100 miles away : The music box does not work - he asks if the power is on - yes it is on - are you sure the switch at bar is in right position - yes yes we have double checked - he drives 100 miles, flips that switch, drives back and writes a hefty bill - they paid it, too.

So far I have been able to mix gigs without any major disasters - but I´m only 66 years young - mouth of worm is waiting - hopefully no too soon.

ps - congratulations for succesfull bargain

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, it's always good advice to use protection...

walrus

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bwahahahah!!!! Don't feel badly, GAD. It took me a whole photo session with my Orpheum before I realized same. :)

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Did the same with a medicated bar of soap in college. Took me five face washings to realize "this soap is not leathering up."
Hence the nick name "soapy" the next three years. That company had plastic sealing mastered.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Did the same with a medicated bar of soap in college. Took me five face washings to realize "this soap is not leathering up."
Hence the nick name "soapy" the next three years. That company had plastic sealing mastered.

Now THAT's funny.

I had a friend with a VERY vegan-esque girlfriend who used one of those deodorant crystals. Well, she left it on the sync and one of our mutual friends though it was decorative soap and couldn't understand why the soap sucked so much and why her hands felt so weird.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
The lawnmower I used in my grass-cutting & landscaping "business" during my teens came with a "Doesn't work" sign from someone's curb. My dad spotted it while out & about and put it in his trunk. You can probably guess what didn't work: the spark plug was dirty. Quick cleaning with a wire brush, followed by half a dozen years of good solid use. :)

-Dave-

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
LOL - yes. Too much time in the computer world.

10 reasons comic books are better than computers:

10. Comic books don't keep telling you what time it is.
9. Comic books don't require typing skills.
8. Comic books don't need virus protection.
7. Comic books don't need a power source.
6. Comic books don't need Operating System upgrades.
5. Comic books don't need internet service providers.
4. Comic books don't run out of memory.
3. Comic books are never obsolete.
2. You can stay up all night surfing a comic book without worrying about getting hacked.
1. Jack Kirby:
kirby_collage_4.jpg

Kirby-Thor-2.jpg

kirby-1.jpg

Last edited:

steve488

Reaction score
Guild Total
Many years back I watched a guy much younger than many of us here, call a two truck because he had locked his keys in his Corvette. You could see the keys on the console but he could not reach through the window gap (it was open a couple inches) to reach them. Tow truck driver arrived, looked in the car, then proceeded to do all the paperwork and collect his "fee". Once the money changed hands, the tow truck driver walked over to the Corvette, reached in through the window opening and released the latch on the "T" top, lifted the top piece out of the way and reached down and unlocked the door.... I had a hard time not laughing but my infant daughter was sleeping in the car seat next to me.
Then again who am I to talk since I drove from Denver to Albuquerque once and then locked my keys in the car at the base of Sandia peak..... stoopid stoopid stoopid!!!