Guild Total
5D3_1020_1600.jpg

Which, I should point out, is not the same as this one:

5D3_0218_1600.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wait....you have two pictures that look like YOUR pictures of TWO Brian May guitars ? Ummmm. You need to step away from the guitar selling sites right NOW !

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wait....you have two pictures that look like YOUR pictures of TWO Brian May guitars ? Ummmm. You need to step away from the guitar selling sites right NOW !

One is from the '80s and one is from the '90s. Totally different guitars. :emmersed:

Most of what you wrote is true. Well, all of it, really.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
A man after my own heart!

How could you possibly do a review of the Guild Brian May guitars without having a sample of each version?

You RAWK Dude!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
i really like that black pg vs the red top. real smart looking.
do you feel smarter when you play it? like i bet after playing it for an hour, you can do most trigonometry, maybe even Calculus 1.

i bet

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
i really like that black pg vs the red top. real smart looking.
do you feel smarter when you play it? like i bet after playing it for an hour, you can do most trigonometry, maybe even Calculus 1.

i bet

Right. In order to properly manipulate the switches, a course in matrix math is a prerequisiste.
From "the usual source":
" In mathematics, a matrix (plural: matrices) is a rectangular array[1] of numbers, symbols, or expressions, arranged in rows and columns.[2][3] For example, the dimensions of the matrix below are 2 × 3 (read "two by three"), because there are two rows and three columns:
[ 1 9 − 13 20 5 − 6 ] . {\displaystyle {\begin{bmatrix}1&9&-13\\20&5&-6\end{bmatrix}}.} {\displaystyle {\begin{bmatrix}1&9&-13\\20&5&-6\end{bmatrix}}.}
The individual items in an m × n matrix A, often denoted by ai,j, where max i = m and max j = n, are called its elements or entries.[4] Provided that they have the same size (each matrix has the same number of rows and the same number of columns as the other), two matrices can be added or subtracted element by element (see Conformable matrix). The rule for matrix multiplication, however, is that two matrices can be multiplied only when the number of columns in the first equals the number of rows in the second (i.e., the inner dimensions are the same, n for Am,n × Bn,p).
The trick to all this is to simply remember:
"Any matrix can be multiplied element-wise by a scalar from its associated field. "
And that's how GAD keeps track.

merlin6666

Reaction score
Right. In order to properly manipulate the switches, a course in matrix math is a prerequisiste.
From "the usual source":
" In mathematics, a matrix (plural: matrices) is a rectangular array[1] of numbers, symbols, or expressions, arranged in rows and columns.[2][3] For example, the dimensions of the matrix below are 2 × 3 (read "two by three"), because there are two rows and three columns:
[ 1 9 − 13 20 5 − 6 ] . {\displaystyle {\begin{bmatrix}1&9&-13\\20&5&-6\end{bmatrix}}.} {\displaystyle {\begin{bmatrix}1&9&-13\\20&5&-6\end{bmatrix}}.}
The individual items in an m × n matrix A, often denoted by ai,j, where max i = m and max j = n, are called its elements or entries.[4] Provided that they have the same size (each matrix has the same number of rows and the same number of columns as the other), two matrices can be added or subtracted element by element (see Conformable matrix). The rule for matrix multiplication, however, is that two matrices can be multiplied only when the number of columns in the first equals the number of rows in the second (i.e., the inner dimensions are the same, n for Am,n × Bn,p).
The trick to all this is to simply remember:
"Any matrix can be multiplied element-wise by a scalar from its associated field. "
And that's how GAD keeps track.

Well Brian May is an Astrophysicist by trade, so he probably had mastered this simple kind of math in Kindergarten.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There are ONLY 64 switch-position variations plus the two pots ( not THOSE pots ) - so easy to remember.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
It’s actually a fair bit simpler than that due to a couple of factors. It’s definately not as simple as a 3-way switch, though.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh - I know - my Stratocaster has three three-way switches + two volume pots = Easy & Clear