New G7th Newport Compensated 12-String Capo

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There are a couple threads on AGF but I didn't see this posted here yet. My apology if I missed it.

I just received my G7th Newport "Compensated Pad" 12-string capo. You should check it out. I think this is a game changer.

Reasonably priced. Very well made. Easy on/of and the unique angled compensated step design that has been used on the more expensive Heritage model really works well on the Newport. I tried it up to the 7th fret. I ordered directly from G7th and it arrived in the US in a week. Beware that the older Newport model is still being sold by some dealers, so make sure you get the "compensated pad" version.

https://www.g7th.com/12-string

0002409_newport-12-string-silver_360.png

Last edited:

merlin6666

Reaction score
Does this also work on a 6 string? I currently use a NS Pro and like it because it works well on ALL my guitars, 6 and 12 string, all with widely different neck specs.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This one is designed specifically for a 12 string, to resolve the issue of needing different levels of pressure for the thick versus thin strings in the lower pairs.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Does this also work on a 6 string? I currently use a NS Pro and like it because it works well on ALL my guitars, 6 and 12 string, all with widely different neck specs.

Although it is designed for a 12 string to clamp the octave strings without extra pressure, it will work perfectly on a 6 string.

GF60

Reaction score
Guild Total
I bought one of these about a month ago. I am thrilled with how well it works on my 12 string.