Want to build a Thunderbird!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The link works with my phone and computer but here is a pic of the guitar i was talking about:
Guild64Thunder29669_17.jpg
Yes I assumed it was a browser security issue and/or that the site's in Europe, but I forgot that in that other thread we were also looking at oddball T-birds that didn't have the switch body.
And yes I like the even lighter edges more.
Looking good so far!

matsickma

Reaction score
It may be too late to suggest this but given the nice piece if wood you have there maybe should consider not using the pickgard. Look at a Dearmond Bajo Jet or Jetstar Special to get an idea how it would look. You can still install the Fender Jaguar switch plate to the front or install a switch plate from the Fender bass VI to have provisions for 4 slide switches so you can incorporate the Lead/Rythem switch in the switch panel control instead if as a seperate item.

M

matsickma

Reaction score
Since you are starting from scratch you may want to take a Guildsby from a SF5, remove the hinge, trim the body plate into a shape like an S100 Deluxe and then make that your trem.
M

airplane

Reaction score
Well, i'm honestly not a big fan of guitars without a pickguard and since i want to build a replica of the guitar i'm literally obsessed with (except for the bigsby and a slightly different wiring) but never seen in real life, it has to be there anyway..

today our carpenter finally found some time to show me how to work with the router. it's quite amazing how easy it is to get great results with this thing:

45433958411_1918387512_b.jpg

43616653460_dc821e2bca_b.jpg

44519185885_f8392a8746_b.jpg

airplane

Reaction score
oh, and different inlays, switchplate and NO KICKSTAND :pirate:

i found a guy on ebay who "bought 8 boxes of guild stuff from a collector" and he has pretty much everything and he will probably list it over the next few weeks or months. i got a pair of 60's anti-hum pickups and the hagström bridge for a great price. and the original vintage knobs too.. so if you're looking for something you should follow him, i think his ebay name is jkally. is he on this forum?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
so if you're looking for something you should follow him, i think his ebay name is jkally. is he on this forum?
Not under that name, he's not.
If he's in Europe, it's not too common for those guys to join here for selling purposes.
Looking good so far, btw!

airplane

Reaction score
Not under that name, he's not.
If he's in Europe, it's not too common for those guys to join here for selling purposes.
Looking good so far, btw!

thanks!

no he's from arizona i think. but yeah it's possible that he's simply a guitar dealer and not actually interested in guild.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Just link here one of his ads and we can finf him in eBay.

Tschüss

matsickma

Reaction score
I used to buy a lot Guild parts from a guy in Arizona. He picked up a few pallots of Guild parts from the Guild Westerly, RI closing. The name you mentioned wasn't what ge went by many years ago and I forgot his name.

M

airplane

Reaction score

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Grüetzi

Ist das ein Whippethund da hinten? Oder Saluki?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Looks like a Whippet to me. A cousin of mine in England has one…similar markings to airplane's. :)

-Dave-
I think those are actually guidelines for musculature- have a strong suspicion that's a sculpture in progress.
But yes, agree, either Whippet or Greyhound, looks like back is arched more than a Saluki's (Or Afghan Hound's) would be.
:friendly_wink:

airplane

Reaction score
sorry guys it’s just a boring red fox! it was the first taxidermy mannequin i made all by myself. shaped by hand out of plasticine, then made a cast of it with epoxy. it is indeed for learning purposes now.. i‘m learning all about the musculature at the moment.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
sorry guys it’s just a boring red fox!
:smile:
That's pretty funny, but also shows how amazingly function shaped similar forms in such distinct species.
At first I guessed greyhound from your mention elsewhere of working with endangered species, and while maybe not endangered, they're commonly "rescued" after racing careers.
Now get back to work!
:tongue-new:

airplane

Reaction score
i got the pickups and stuff this weekend and i can't wait to get this done now!

pickups look a little rusty but i guess thats fine. if they sound as juicy as the look i'm more than happy!

the volume and tone knobs appear to be from a different era but that doesn't really bother me since they both look nice and old..

i'm still waiting for the neck mahogany so i can go on with this, also the anchors and studs for the bridge i got from reverb...

also i'm looking for the hagstrom tremar system! hit me up if you got one for sale! http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...TB-Tremar-Tremolo-(Hagstr%F6m)-New-or-Vinatge

45601960562_ab3b13f768_b.jpg

45652461801_a4e83d073f_b.jpg

43834426710_68ea3a6b1d_b.jpg