Guild 12 Fret-Any thoughts or Experience?

Mark WW

Reaction score
I discovered that Guild made a 12 Fret acoustic in the GAD series. I own a 12 Fret Recording King that I like a lot. It has a nice big neck 1-13/16" at the nut and now I am obsessing about Guild's version. I just wonder if anyone has owned a 12 Fret Guild US or GAD. I couldn't find too much on Guild 12 Fret models.

The GAD model is a GAD F40P. Here is a pic
513325000010000-00-500x500.jpg

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks nice , off to YouTube ! Lol

Has good reviews, padauk back and sides . Cool
Did not see a vid , yet

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Rayk

This guy has some videos posted but they are scarce.

Cool , I’ll listen after work thanks .
Might be a hard guitar to find but I kind of had 12 frets in the back of my mind ever since I read about the Orpheum 12 fretter . I recently came across a Taylor 12 fret that impressed me so that kick upped the interest .
I see Blueridge has one as well I’ll be checking that out as well but no buying my wallet is on hold ! Lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Can’t say for sure because of the recording but sounds fairly good . The sweet spot or bridge placement being more in the center of the top adds a nicer tone kind of like hitting a drum in the middle of the drum head as to hitting it off to rim side .

If all the checks add up those being , build , wood quality, wood tone it should easily exceed those of 14 fretters of the same Gad line .

I haven’t looked at the Westerly series specifically for a 12 fret but I don’t recall one from my scans . Lol

Edit , if I may and I don’t mean to push Bluerudge just an option if the Gad is not easily found .

Last edited:

Mark WW

Reaction score
Blueridge gets some positive love by lots of folks. I will look at the video. I already have an RK 12 fret so I am mostly obsessing on a GUILD LOL!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Blueridge gets some positive love by lots of folks. I will look at the video. I already have an RK 12 fret so I am mostly obsessing on a GUILD LOL!

10-4 ! Can’t blame ya one bit obsess a way !! Lol

Mark WW

Reaction score
OK I missed your response. Thanks. Wee bit high for a first gen GAD but it is the first one I have seen. Maybe a call to see if they are flexible. I love GAD's but resale ain't so great normally.

Does anyone know who CMC guitars is? That price is crazy high the more I think about it.

Last edited:

tefan

Reaction score
East of Pittsburgh (as opposed to East of Eden)
Mark, I had one of these about six years ago when I was still puttzing around trying to figure out what i liked. I bought mine from Streetsounds NYC for about $650. That price was lower than anyone else had back then. IMHO the guitar was worth it. It was deep and rich. The padauk was both beautiful and resonant. If anything, it had maybe too much in the way of overtones for some music styles. All of my relatives/friends really liked it and would often ask to borrow it for gigs. (I had the model with electronics, which were very good, according to my players.) I ended up donating it to a ministry that gives guitars to churches with low budgets. I miss it though, because I'm a big fan of 12-fret body joints. I also have an Ovation (FD-14) and a Rainsong that are 12-fretters. If you find a used one I think you won't regret it.

Neal

Reaction score
I had a Guild Orpheum 12-fret slope dread (red spruce/mahogany) for a good little while. Great guitar, wish I had kept it, in hindsight.