Newark St. Bluesbird.........i sure wish

grayghost53

Reaction score
that Guild would offer the Bluesbird with P90 pickups off the Aristocrat. man that would give me the best of both worlds- P90's and a stoptail. oh, well they don't charge for dreaming......

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
If your requirements are P90s and a Stop Tail check out the T-Bird P90. I'm not the biggest Newark Street fan, but I have to say that these stop-tail T-Birds are pretty great.

tbird_st_blue_front.jpg

grayghost53

Reaction score
weight considerations have made me look more at chambered bodies. I've got a bad back and had to sell a Firebird earlier this year because it was killing me. figured that the Aristocrat would be lighter weight, but prefer a stoptail to a harp. the bluesbird is perfect, but again i'm a P90 "nut" and don't really wanted to go with a humbucker sized P90 because they look kinda "gumby" to me.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The T-Bird I posted is pretty light. I'd bet in the same ballpark as the Bluesbird. I'll weigh mine later and let you know.

DrumBob

Reaction score
The T-Bird I posted is pretty light. I'd bet in the same ballpark as the Bluesbird. I'll weigh mine later and let you know.

I have a stop tailpiece T-Bird, and GAD is right; it's a very light guitar.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
My red T-Bird ST is 7.76 pounds.
My blue T-Bird ST-P90 is 6.86 pounds.

To compare, my Newark Street Bluesbird is 6.81 pounds, so the T-Bird with P90s is roughly the same weight as my NS Bluesbird.