Martin Authentic Acoustic Strings

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just read where Martin released a new string - "Authentic Acoustic String" - at Bluegrass convention in NC. Of course, Martin says, "best string we have ever had." Has any members of the forum tried them?

PittPastor

Reaction score
Just read where Martin released a new string - "Authentic Acoustic String" - at Bluegrass convention in NC. Of course, Martin says, "best string we have ever had." Has any members of the forum tried them?

Yeah, I just saw that (was in my Google now newsfeed)

I think they are just out now.

I'm probably going to get one of each of their line and try them. (Time to by that powered winder I guess!)

I really liked their retros when I tried them. I lost some brightness with them, but the woody tone was perfect for the living room. And really easy on the fingers.

Sounds like they have a coating now to go after Elixir strings with their "Lifespan 2.0" option. I like new strings. Gives me something cheaper to obsess on than new guitars!

story here:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/27877-martin-guitar-introduces-authentic-acoustic-strings

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
I have a set of the Beta test Martin strings that I believe are the Lifespan 2.0 set.
A buddy of mine gave them to me to try.
I have been using Martin Lifespan strings for a couple of years now and really like them.
This new set sounds great and they are lasting a long time.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
the martin Authentic PB 12s are 6.99 on musicians friend. I plan to buy a set next purchase.

couple weeks :)

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haven't you spent enough on strings in the past couple of years to have afforded that D35?
:devilish:

oh crap, so true. i am not smart. i keep proving this proof over and over again. hopefully i provide some humor on here at least :) or at very least, well i am not going to live like that guy.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also Al, I did some research on the authentic strings, and outside of some tin, they are really just rebranding the SPs :)
it's a great marketing strategy. genius almost. will let you all know how they sound. though quite subjective

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Juskiewicz will have to up his Twitter game to apply for that one...

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of companies may be reluctant to take on a twittering chief executive right now.
Heck, that might even apply to nominees for appointment to positions of grave responsibility to the nation as a whole.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe Henry could head up the new conglomeration being formed by YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.

It's called "YouTwitFace."

Bernie

Reaction score
Well any news about this topic : time has passed, strings have been out for nearly a month now, has anybody tried them out ?
Haven't read the whole thread - seems like funny jokes took over -, but I'm interested in knowing what these strings are worth...New Elixir, actual best strings Martin ever made, or mere hype..?

Bernie

Reaction score
Or torrefied VTS Authentic strings ? No not yet, though I've read these new strings do leave some black residue on the fingers at times...
Ah!, what would you say on this forum if they were made by Guild ?
I will bravely take the risk to try them without your approval then !

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, Bernie, torrefied / tempered strings have probably been tried but seems obviously silly to me (I don't know, maybe I'm wrong??). Going the other way, though, perhaps not... Cryogenics is used fairly frequently for brass instruments, particularly bells, and it might be something useful/positive to do to strings.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Or torrefied VTS Authentic strings ? No not yet, though I've read these new strings do leave some black residue on the fingers at times...
Ah!, what would you say on this forum if they were made by Guild ?
I will bravely take the risk to try them without your approval then !
Fortunately Guild don't do dat.
They let D'Addario do it for 'em.
At least that's one thing Oxnard hasn't bollixed up yet.
:biggrin-new:
(Full disclosure: I'm a diehard D'A loyalist [uncoated pb according to OEM gauge spec at time of manufacture, on mine] but I'll defend your right to try anything you want, to the death)
:friendly_wink: